Nothin but problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothin but problems...

I have been trying to find better firmware than stock for this one for a while, but trying to "identify" exactly what it is or isn't has been a pain.

The Matricom G-Box Q is one of the most popular Android TV boxes sold in the past two years. If [...]

This is it exactly, Amazon only has the newer version...even on my old link for some reason. I "think" it's the rounded MXQ, but I see MXIII and even mention that it's the same as a Tronsmart. I also see Beelink has something similar? Honestly, I just need to know what will work.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I keep mis-identifying it and getting the wrong firmware installed. It works, but only just barely. It IS rounded...

This is the specs from the site:
    • CPU – Amlogic S802 quad-core ARM Cortex A9r4 at 2.0GHz
    • GPU – ARM Mali-450MP6 GPU
    • RAM – 2GB DDR3
    • Storage – 16 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot up to 64GB
    • Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K30, AV port
    • Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
    • Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
    • USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
    • Misc – IR Sensor, Power LED (g letter), power button
    • Dimensions – 10.16 x 10.16 x3.81 cm

My advice would be post pictures of the tvbox and motherboard (too identify what you have and WiFi chip used)
    *note kodi no longer support android 4.4 and android 5 was never released for s802
    The only way to get the latest kodi on the s802 is to install openelec or libreelec

well..start with posting picture s

Comment

ok, I can do that...to respond a bit first. I am using Openelec is what I have installed now. I had planned on sticking to that until I saw Libreelec and I am looking at that one also. I will go into detail on my issues so far. The original installation was lacking and they stopped support far too damn fast. I prefered Openelec for the simple install and interface...since we only use it for watching TV and Movies. I cannot play x265 on it at all...even though it is supposed to support it. Not a big deal, I can work around that. Since I installed Openelec, the wifi has been going a bit bonkers. Randomly loses signal strength and channel hopping hasn't helped any. I don't have anything close enough to cause issues either. I went wired and the wifi still connects and takes over most of the time. It never really saves the state. Any power off will lock it up and I cannot use the remote to power it back on, it goes into a boot-loop. I have to pull the plug and replug it back in everytime. Heck sometime the remote goes bonkers and does things we haven't pushed...like it reassigned the control buttons temporarily. I tend to use my smartphone remote because it works better. In general, it's buggy and was looking for something better to use. The outside picture is the exact one on that review (I followed their link to purchase it about 18 months ago or so)

If you still need inside pics, I'll get it done...if you can follow what I have written and tell me where to go next it'll save a bit of trouble (don't much like to open them, I tend to break them...lol)

Comment

Working...
      X