Meta box won't boot to homescreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meta box won't boot to homescreen

My Tronsmart Meta box won't boot to the main homescreen menu, it just comes up with a blank blue mountain background and the bottom menu bar only has a couple of the icons showing. It will boot normally with the Tronsmart logo then just goes to that. I have attached a screenshot as well. I can click the screenshot and power button but that is all that will work...any suggestions?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Is Eth or WiFi being used? If WiFi, try Eth instead and see if any change.

​​​​​​What firmware version is installed?

Comment

It is connected by ethernet cable, it happened when the internet provider came out and replaced the router though. Didn't work after that.

I not positive what firmware ver is on it, but i don't recall it updating since getting it several months ago...not that that really helps lol

Comment

Have you tried disconnecting the Eth cable from the S95, removing power from the S95, wait 10 seconds, reconnect the Eth cable, and re-power the S95?

Is there more than one Eth(Lan) port on your router? If so, switch off the S95 and remove its power lead, then disconnect from current Eth port on router. Remove router power for a 5-10 seconds. Re-power the router. Connect the S95 to a different Eth port(if available) on the router. Power on the S95 and see if change.

Curious, any idea what the internet provider's tech did during modem or router setup?

There have not been any updates for several months AFAIK, so you're probably close to the current version.

Note: Some have reported locking on boot before. It seems to happen to the Telos primarily. I have only seen it a few times in all the time I have had the Meta. It is supposed to be related to the clock attempting to get time from the internet. If I remember correctly, using WiFi was the only occasion I had the "lock/freeze on boot" happen. It also took 20-40 seconds for the box to find the time server over my WiFi network. Eth is fast to do the time thing.

Comment

Tried that and even tried with the Ethernet disconnected and still same thing. I did forget to mention when you turn the box on, it always goes throught the "starting android" screen with the optimizing ## apps.

It's my parents box so I wasn't there, but they just swapped out routers and doubt there was any setup at the time of install, but can't be sure. I brought it home and it does the samething on my router which it has worked on before and my box works fine on the same port.

I did also try holding in the FN button on restart and that does nothing...was worth a shot lol

Comment

I have tossed this box to the side but thought i would bring it up again to see if anyone else had a suggestion. It is still not booting of course and i just realized it has the finless V1 firmware installed and not the factory one.

Comment

The Finless firmware is based on ancient F/W. User Will and others over at the Tronsmart forum have been working on a new F/W for the S95 series. Maybe you should give it try.

I think, for now, the F/W is only available as an image (img) flashed with the USB Burning Tool.

Good luck.

Comment

I have search around several forums for assist with no success, I have a Tronsamart s905 Meta, I was successfully running Libreelec from internal Hard drive, until I decided to upgrade, but I accidentally installed incorrect file or tree, the box stopped working, on the box it display blue light but nothing is displayed into my TV.
                I have exhausted the USB approach posted in Tronsmart forum, yet this approach did not work, the box appear to be active, but something is preventing it from being display on TV, this driving

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
                  I have search around several forums for assist with no success, I have a Tronsamart s905 Meta, I was successfully running Libreelec from internal Hard drive, until I decided to upgrade, but I accidentally installed incorrect file or tree, the box stopped working, on the box it display blue light but nothing is displayed into my TV.
                  I have exhausted the USB approach posted in Tronsmart forum, yet this approach did not work, the box appear to be active, but something is preventing it from being display on TV, this driving

Thanks for your help!
                  I am wondering if there a way to review or obtain a log of the activities of the system even though there is no TV display?

Comment

Working...
                  X