Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got LibreELEC to boot to some stage where it says SH: can't stat /flash/SYSTEM and drops to some sort of shell. I'm not sure why it says so or what device it tries to mount to /flash.
    No SSH at that point and USB keyboard not working. So I'm kind of stuck and can not do anything to debug the situation to find the problem.
    Reading the linked thread it might be related to usb driver. I'll check later if kernel has xhci drivers included. If not, then that might be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by srx View Post
      I got LibreELEC to boot to some stage where it says SH: can't stat /flash/SYSTEM and drops to some sort of shell. I'm not sure why it says so or what device it tries to mount to /flash.
      No SSH at that point and USB keyboard not working. So I'm kind of stuck and can not do anything to debug the situation to find the problem.
      Reading the linked thread it might be related to usb driver. I'll check later if kernel has xhci drivers included. If not, then that might be the problem.
      Have you looked into the dtb.img? That is where the device tree is stored.

Comment

I have tried different dtb.img files with no success.
        I tried to exctract one from Android image but that resulted with an error. I do not have it at hand right now, so I can not tell exactly, but it was something about magic number not matching or something like that.

Comment

If you just want a LAMP server I have found this: http://openelec.tv/forum/unofficial-...start=0#109525

And here is the addon for LibreELEC: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-280.html

The addons that will work for are devices are the ones built for the Odroid C2.
          Last edited by pinguy; 10-10-2016, 15:34.

Comment

No, I do not want to build it on top of LibreELEC/OpenELEC, unless I can get SYSTEM on ext4, squashfs will not work for me.
            And I need working package manager. If I can get SYSTEM on ext4, then I guess it will be quite easy to get package manager working too, if it really is based on ubunu 16.04.

So far I have not been able to start any linux based image. Only partial start: Kernel boots but rootfs fails.

Comment

Originally posted by botfap View Post
              Well I went in another direction. Ubuntu was just too big and bloaty in terms of disk footprint and ram overhead. I ended up creating my own cut down linux based off the Amlogic dev kit.

If you want to play with linux on the A95X or any other S905X device I have setup an easy build system to build the kernel image, boot.img, dtb.img, rootfs and an updated bootloader.

The git repo contains vanilla src, aml_p212 patches, amlogic dev kit, toolchains to build aarch64 on x86, build system, clean buildroot

Ive posted it up to github:

I will get round to building some TWRP flashable zips when i get the chance

BETA version of Linux for testing. The system tries to dtb data from the internal memory, if this fails, you can manually add a "dtb.img" in the FAT partition.

Comment

Is this of any good? http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=18709

The Odroid C2 uses the X905.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

BETA version of Linux for testing. The system tries to dtb data from the internal memory, if this fails, you can manually add a "dtb.img" in the FAT partition.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...447#post602447
                  It won't boot without dtb.img
                  I have to put gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img on FAT partition.
                  dhcp and ssh works OK.

Comment

Originally posted by garyang View Post

It won't boot without dtb.img
                    I have to put gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img on FAT partition.
                    dhcp and ssh works OK.
                    Perhaps in the internal memory of Your TV set-top box to be an older version of dtb data. So you need to use a variant, which is assembled under the new kernel (with additional copy of the new version to the media). I uploaded the additional image which added a number of development tools (git, make, etc).

Comment

Perhaps in the internal memory of Your TV set-top box to be an older version of dtb data. So you need to use a variant, which is assembled under the new kernel (with additional copy of the new version to the media). I uploaded the additional image which added a number of development tools (git, make, etc).
                      My Box is TX5(2G/8G)
                      I've installed latest android rom(updated 9/24). Newer rom is more stable(fixed palystore, youtube and etc) and I've got about 34,000(before 29,000) antutu score which is bigger than odroid C2(S905).
                      Is it old dtb data?

I'll test newer armbian.
                      Thanks for sharing~~~~

Comment

Collected two BETA image with a full Debian (based on Armbian). There are apt and other packages, the default configuration files, mapped network repo, you can install any software from them. Finished the console version and desktop version. Note that to use these images, you must perform the initial setup when you first start. While this can be done only via SSH connection (as root user with password 1234), either from the console UART. So far, I have not configured normal operation of the console on the TV monitor. The images are intended for use with SD card, booting from USB does not work yet. The images work fine USB keyboard and mouse. In the desktop version there is an interesting feature, after initial setup, this version works fine on TV monitor (TV output desktop) with a USB keyboard and mouse. Soon will be added another two images from console and desktop versions on Ubuntu.

Comment

Collected two BETA image with a full Debian (based on Armbian). There are apt and other packages, the default configuration files, mapped network repo, you can install any software from them. Finished the console version and desktop version. Note that to use these images, you must perform the initial setup when you first start. While this can be done only via SSH connection (as root user with password 1234), either from the console UART. So far, I have not configured normal operation of the console on the TV monitor. The images are intended for use with SD card, booting from USB does not work yet. The images work fine USB keyboard and mouse. In the desktop version there is an interesting feature, after initial setup, this version works fine on TV monitor (TV output desktop) with a USB keyboard and mouse. Soon will be added another two images from console and desktop versions on Ubuntu.

https://yadi.sk/d/lnMowa-Swau3E
                          I did basic test console version.
                          It works well.
                          apt-get install samba - OK.
                          smbd demon start and sharing - OK
                          I have two usb port on TX5 - both OK (I tested mount usb thumdrive)
                          You are amazing~~~~
                          Thanks for this

I'll test more.

Comment

For all clarity, these S905X images will not work for S905 boxes like the Mini MX-G (2G/19G) right? Or can I SD boot them using correct dtb.img on S905 as well?

Comment

So looking good maybe we do set up step by step to get running on the sd card so now duel boot is possible with sd card
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X