Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passthrough fix and lossless codecs question

Hi,

sorry this is my first post, please be gentle ;-)
    I believe there is an apk that has been done for fixing issues with DTS passthrough over HDMI, however I can't seem to find it anywhere...
    Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

Secondarily are there any S912 or S905 android boxes that can passtrough audio encoded with lossless codecs (such as dolby truehd and DTS MA) over HDMI?

Many thanks!

Sadly I have no idea? My thoughts on such matter's run as follows... Can these Boxes passthrough a RAW Signal? If so the AVR should be able to deal with it assuming your AVR (Audio Video Receiver (Amp)), actually, supports such Formts.

If the Question is about Software Decoding? Then I would really doubt it. You might have head about the MX Player + Codecs being able to play such DD5.1 & DTS through Software. Alas it only downmixes such streams down to Stereo 2.0.

My older MXIII (Amlogic's S802), can pass both DD5.1 & DTS to my Amp. But, alas my Amp is that old, and it does not have features for TrueHD, or DTS MA. So again I can not say. But, my gut feeling is that it should. Provided you have a proper Hardware Decoder & Speakers.

Comment

Hi,

Saw that information too but cannot found that apk. Can you please share de apk to install on s912?

Comment

after lots of searching I have found the passthorugh fix apk (to fix DTS stuttering sound):

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

You need to have root access to work (I believe); once you reboot you have to wait until you hear a sound confrming it has been enabled.

It worked on my Nexbox A3, however if I leave Kodi to do something else and then return to Kodi for some reason the DTS issue is still there, I have to reboot the box to get it working again :-(

Comment

Please follow the link below for the apk download and the installation instructions:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...319#post599319

All credits go to prahjister.

Chees

Comment

Hi, can you try the MX Player to see if the problem is exist?

Comment

On my YokaTV Box, I found that the DD-DTS stutter was gone after updating to the 20161007 Update. And that I didn't need the above fix anymore. So assuming that your not on either the 20161007, or 20161010 Updates yet... Then just wait for the next OTA to land, and hopefully the problem will just go away.

By the way, and this might well be in the nature of the Great Firewall (...of China), but do not take the OTA at face value you have to keep nailing at it until it manages to find something. So it is very largey a hit, and miss, (mostly miss) airfare.

Comment

Working...
              X