m96x tv box 2gb 8gb S905X AMLOGIC chip android 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m96x tv box 2gb 8gb S905X AMLOGIC chip android 6.0

hi my tv box is bricked and i cant get the img stock file and can't put the box in recovery mode anyone can help me

Here you go my friend. Just had to scramble to extract this from the original firmware files using some wierd tools

Flash in Android using RASHR

Invalid for M96X. Caused me massive problem as there was no way for custom recovery to read onboard storage.Had to dump original recovery fr...

Comment

i look for the SAME stock rom and i cant find it .... did you find it?
      thanks

Comment

You can use any x96 rom it will work on the m96x

Comment

Originally posted by brickmojoccatz View Post
          You can use any x96 rom it will work on the m96x
          but i couldnt find img file , i have found just update zip file
          Thanks

Comment

Visa versa it works also the m96x fw will work on the x96 box.... only diffrence i saw was the lateste firmware update from the m96x is from december 2016 and the latest x96 firmware dates from november 2016 so the m96x has newer firmware. But i never found a stock img of the m96x firmware. Either way its a pretty good box goodluck

Comment

Visa versa it works also the m96x fw will work on the x96 box.... only diffrence i saw was the lateste firmware update from the m96x is from december 2016 and the latest x96 firmware dates from november 2016 so the m96x has newer firmware. But i never found a stock img of the m96x firmware. Either way its a pretty good box goodluck
              it seems you didnt understand my android box problem , stuck on logo screen ... as long i didnt find img file i cant use usb burning tool ... i flashed till now 6 img roms no one of them work .
              Thanks
              zip file cant be flashed by usb burning tool

Comment

You should flash the above TWRP first than u can flash those zip files.
                This link has the original fw in zip format
                http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...96-tv-box.html

You can use Abduls TWRP find it here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-0-probox2-air
                But u need a way to flash it first, is your device accesable through adb ?
                Last edited by brickmojoccatz; 03-08-2017, 16:07.

Comment

You should flash the above TWRP first than u can flash those zip files.
                  This link has the original fw in zip format
                  http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...96-tv-box.html

You can use Abduls TWRP find it here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-0-probox2-air
                  But u need a way to flash it first, is your device accesable through adb ?
                  This is the problem , there is no reset button in this Box

Comment

If i remember correctly there is a button under the box, im not sure will check later if i can get it to work.

Comment

[QUOTE=brickmojoccatz;n634831]If i remember correctly there is a button under the box, im not sure will check later if i can get it to work.[/QUOTEout

i have checked the reset .... i tried to enter to recovery i couldnt
                      it seems without the right img file i can never flah my android box

Comment

The button does nothing indeed, sorry to confirm. I did find this post on the libreelec forum. " The M96X doesn't have a recovery button, that's why I had to use the rs232 interface" Those rs232 cables come kinda cheap. Anyway the link to the thread is https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2347-post-22123.html maybe you could contact the guy to see how he did it. Goodluck hope u get ur box up and running again.

Comment

Hey, I have just uploaded an img for burning tool, just google "m96x rom"

Comment

Originally posted by kinbico View Post
                            Hey, I have just uploaded an img for burning tool, just google "m96x rom"
                            kinbico Maybe you could post a link please, since googling m96x rom gives 405.000 results

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

kinbico Maybe you could post a link please, since googling m96x rom gives 405.000 results
                              Search in needrom

Comment

Working...
                              X