CPU exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
    did you measure it with an app or did you just touch it?
    it will throttle before it gets too hot.
    even without the heatsink the soc doesn't feel hot when i directly touch it.
    i saw pictures of other users devices that seem to run much cooler.
    maybe it's just a problem with my box, not sure yet.

if you want to check, get a stress-test app and an app that can read out thermal sensors.
    For mine I just put my hand on top of the box itself, it might feel a bit warmer than my Shield TV? (can't really tell a difference in temperatures.) You could be right about it throttling though...

Some of the issues I have experienced that I did not on my Onda V989 (same SoC) is weird glitches in the picture almost like the GPU or RAM is going bad or running too hot? Weird lines on the screen like an inch long with colors... Like brown and white and blue and green. I switched ROM's that went away (maybe it was an OCed ROM I was using?) but consistently my TV box has had bad video playback from day 1 on Kodi... Netflix works OK.... but even it suffers from frame drops from time to time. What I don't get is my Onda V989 has none of these issues. (I just wish they would release a non beta 5.0 or lol even a 6.0 Android.)

Later on Today I am going to hook up my Onda V989 to the TV and see if maybe it's an HDMI issue? lol (grasping at straws but for science!!!) just need to find my micro HDMI to full sized HDMI cable (I have it here somewhere....)

Of note might also be I pre ordered my Tronsmart box before they where even launched, so mine could be out of the first batch... I know sometimes they are more prone to being junk out of the first batch but I was so hyped about those specs... lol they are still great today on paper. 8 cores 4GB's of RAM 32GB's of storage? Still decent, throw in external SATA connector and a hard drive and again on paper they sound amazing.

Comment

Hi Boxx I am glad you are looking into this Box. I have the telos 4/32. It does not seem to run hot. I am using dsa13dsa rom on it. I wish you success on getting your device to run cooler. If you do I hope you or dsa13dsa can create a new rom utilizing this devices hardware. Good luck.

Comment

+1 Telos owner waiting to risen 🙏

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart7777 View Post
          Hi Boxx I am glad you are looking into this Box. I have the telos 4/32. It does not seem to run hot. I am using dsa13dsa rom on it. I wish you success on getting your device to run cooler. If you do I hope you or dsa13dsa can create a new rom utilizing this devices hardware. Good luck.
          i must ask again:
          did you measure it with an app or did you just touch it?
          you can not tell how hot the soc is by putting your hand on the case. mine doesn't feel hot too but shows high temps.
          i will test it again at the weekend with the copper shims mounted. will also use an infrared thermometer.
          the chances that a better rom will come are low, so don't count on it.

Comment

it's not a perfect fit, need to use thermal pads.
            have only cheap, thick ones atm.
            will finish it tomorrow, not very promising.

Comment

Working...
            X