UG007 2 and the appradio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UG007 2 and the appradio

Hello everyone my name is Brent and I am new to the site. I was wondering if anyone has tried to use one of these android mini PC to replace your phone on the radio.
    For those of you who are not familiar with the Pioneer AppRadio it is a head unit for your car that allows you to mirror your android phone on the screen of the deck and gives you full control of your phone. This is great to be able to have all of your apps and everything on your radio.
    The one issue that I have with it is that I dislike getting in the car plunging my phone into the MHL plug and running all of the apps. To get the full access of your phone you have to use an app call AR-liberator ( which is great) and then I use a an app to turn the back light off to help save the battery. Then you have your car mode app. Then you have to turn them off when you get out of the car.
    My hope is to use this UG007 to get past turn on and off all of these apps.
    So I have been following an other post on AppRadio forums that talks about some of the issues that I have to face.

Now that I have talk on for every lets get to the point of this post I am wondering if there is a ROM and kernel that you guys would recommend for me to use?

Some of the issues that I need to fix are following:
    1- The deck is touchscreen and it is transmitted via Bluetooth. The issue that people are running in to is that only half of the touch screen is registering.
    2- Power I think that this may not be an issue I am planning on using a back up cell phone battery charger. the charger is able to be plugged in and charge plus still provide power to a devices. ( I hope that make since)
    3- the Bluetooth connect. I would have to find a way to make sure that it connects to the radio perfectly every time. Well not every time I will have the little key board in the car so if it does not connect I will be able to toggle the connection with that and get it working.

Now that I have written a novel I hope that some one may have some ideas that will help
    Thanks for your time

Originally posted by Brent731 View Post
    Hello everyone my name is Brent and I am new to the site. I was wondering if anyone has tried to use one of these android mini PC to replace your phone on the radio.
    For those of you who are not familiar with the Pioneer AppRadio it is a head unit for your car that allows you to mirror your android phone on the screen of the deck and gives you full control of your phone. This is great to be able to have all of your apps and everything on your radio.
    The one issue that I have with it is that I dislike getting in the car plunging my phone into the MHL plug and running all of the apps. To get the full access of your phone you have to use an app call AR-liberator ( which is great) and then I use a an app to turn the back light off to help save the battery. Then you have your car mode app. Then you have to turn them off when you get out of the car.
    My hope is to use this UG007 to get past turn on and off all of these apps.
    So I have been following an other post on AppRadio forums that talks about some of the issues that I have to face.

Now that I have talk on for every lets get to the point of this post I am wondering if there is a ROM and kernel that you guys would recommend for me to use?

Some of the issues that I need to fix are following:
    1- The deck is touchscreen and it is transmitted via Bluetooth. The issue that people are running in to is that only half of the touch screen is registering.
    2- Power I think that this may not be an issue I am planning on using a back up cell phone battery charger. the charger is able to be plugged in and charge plus still provide power to a devices. ( I hope that make since)
    3- the Bluetooth connect. I would have to find a way to make sure that it connects to the radio perfectly every time. Well not every time I will have the little key board in the car so if it does not connect I will be able to toggle the connection with that and get it working.

Now that I have written a novel I hope that some one may have some ideas that will help
    Thanks for your time
    There is a good thread on doing this over at the arliberator forum.

I'm trying to do something similar with an iMito MX1.

Comment

Working...
    X