Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.6 with SDK 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vipergrm View Post
    I completely agree. I mostly prefer the option to connect my headphones via cable anyway as the sound quality is better. I tried one other Bluetooth device (ODB II BLuetooth diagnostic dongle) and couldn't get this to pair at all on v1.5 or stock ROM. I haven't tried it since BT 4.0 was enabled but I will definitely try this when I get the dongle back.
    That is odd... what did it "look like" ? did you get an instant rejection or did it "time out"? Did you get a pin request?
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
      That is odd... what did it "look like" ? did you get an instant rejection or did it "time out"? Did you get a pin request?
      No it just kept coming up 'Connection Failed' I think it was. I am scared to unpair it now incase it doesn't work! I literally kept trying to connect it and eventually it worked. Seems to work ok now that it is finally paired. Don't know why I had so much trouble pairing it in the first place though.

Comment

Originally posted by vipergrm View Post
        No it just kept coming up 'Connection Failed' I think it was. I am scared to unpair it now incase it doesn't work! I literally kept trying to connect it and eventually it worked. Seems to work ok now that it is finally paired. Don't know why I had so much trouble pairing it in the first place though.
        Heheh, my apologies for being a bit vague - I meant the ODBII dongle

Comment

Has anyone who flashed 1.6 noticed a difference in performance, if the tablet was sluggish before?

Got a M8 Pro from GB a few weeks back, been trying different roms on it but it still feels more sluggish than a 1st gen galaxy tab, my Note2 runs circles around it in speed. Iam starting to think there is some h/w eror with it.

just bringing up the keyboard in chrome can take up to 10sec sometimes, browsing in chrome is also next to impossible since it will autozoom by itself sometimes when scrolling, stock browser is somewhat better but still sluggish.. scores in the different benchmark apps seem fairly ok though.

batterylife is also nowhere near advertised sadly, it loses about 10-15% overnight in airplane mode :/

Iam gonna give this rom a shot and see if it helps, otherwise i will try to open a case with GB..

Comment

Originally posted by gujo82 View Post
            Has anyone who flashed 1.6 noticed a difference in performance, if the tablet was sluggish before?

Got a M8 Pro from GB a few weeks back, been trying different roms on it but it still feels more sluggish than a 1st gen galaxy tab, my Note2 runs circles around it in speed. Iam starting to think there is some h/w eror with it.

just bringing up the keyboard in chrome can take up to 10sec sometimes, browsing in chrome is also next to impossible since it will autozoom by itself sometimes when scrolling, stock browser is somewhat better but still sluggish.. scores in the different benchmark apps seem fairly ok though.

batterylife is also nowhere near advertised sadly, it loses about 10-15% overnight in airplane mode :/

Iam gonna give this rom a shot and see if it helps, otherwise i will try to open a case with GB..
            I'm on the latest ROM for it, and I still get about 10% with wifi off over night ~8hrs. For me its somewhat due to installed applications that I've set as "persistent" - they're active even in sleep mode. But It was about 8-10% over night earlier too.

What you're describing is not normal behaviour, its supposed to be quite zippy. Mine takes about 2/3s of a second to bring up the keyboard. Scrolling is flowing very smooth and good response.

I don't often care to much about "scores" - but in your instance, could you install AnTuTu, run a test and post your score? If it is lower than 16.000 - post the detailed score. It could give us an indication on whats lagging behing - if its an hardware issue.

Comment

No such problems for me.
              it loses 0.6 % by hour in standby (wifi always on but stopped when iddle)

UI very smooth

I have a special rom that is a mix of rom #117/#108 found in chinese baidu blog in which I apply the metarom improvement (build.prop and init.d scripts)
              In fact it's not very far from Riley's one just some differents app.

Antutu score between 1700 to 17500 with a slow sdcard.
              47.3 frames in citadel High Quality mode

Comment

Alright, then i will consider the nightly discharge normal.. i can live with the batterylife, if it would just perform ok...

did a default antutu now, got 16749, so that doesnt seem to give any good indication sadly..

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
                  No such problems for me.
                  it loses 0.6 % by hour in standby (wifi always on but stopped when iddle)

UI very smooth

I have a special rom that is a mix of rom #117/#108 found in chinese baidu blog in which I apply the metarom improvement (build.prop and init.d scripts)
                  In fact it's not very far from Riley's one just some differents app.

Antutu score between 1700 to 17500 with a slow sdcard.
                  47.3 frames in citadel High Quality mode
                  Those score levels were there already with the first update from pipo, and haven't change much to date. Its all about optimalization - using what you've already got - more efficiently.

I guess, if I uninstalled my "persistent" apps - I could probably get a bit lower battery drain during sleep. But a 8-10% drain overnight doesn't really bother me.

Comment

Alright, then i will consider the nightly discharge normal.. i can live with the batterylife, if it would just perform ok...

did a default antutu now, got 16749, so that doesnt seem to give any good indication sadly..
                    Nope... If you're willing - you can download the latest stock rom from Pipo, flash that with the "Restore" button in RK Batch Tool, instead of the "Update button". Then proceed to flash any modded rom after the stock flash and install in completely done. Have sorted out some problems for a few users.

Yuu also might take a look at what apps you install after flashing firmwares. It is possible that the cause of the problem is not bundled with the ROMs. Does it always behave like this, straight after initial setup of a freshly flashed ROM? Or, could a be an app you usually install straight afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
                      Nope... If you're willing - you can download the latest stock rom from Pipo, flash that with the "Restore" button in RK Batch Tool, instead of the "Update button". Then proceed to flash any modded rom after the stock flash and install in completely done. Have sorted out some problems for a few users.

Yuu also might take a look at what apps you install after flashing firmwares. It is possible that the cause of the problem is not bundled with the ROMs. Does it always behave like this, straight after initial setup of a freshly flashed ROM? Or, could a be an app you usually install straight afterwards?
                      Especially Chrome (both beta and regular) is sluggish after a fresh flash and after some use. its a bit better in the stockbrowser, but even there, sometimes when i have had it opened a while, click on the adressbar, start typing - and the tablet halts for a second or two, and the the text speeds in..."ketchup effect" can be used for alot on my tablet

but i will give your suggestion a try!

Comment

One thing iam noticing - saw it the first time i flashed a rileys rom also, is that after pressing "eraseIDB", it only counts to 4096, and the gives a "erasing idb ok".. same with 1.6a... is this ok behaviour? since in the readme it says that it should count upto 16384..?

Comment

It should be more than 4096. I just flashed that rom this morning and it showed 16384.

Randy
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            It should be more than 4096. I just flashed that rom this morning and it showed 16384.
                            Randy
                            Both using the same parameter file?

I wonder if this has any relation at all - to flashing and/or flashing method - former use - of RK Batch Tool for stock flashes. I' still a little uncertain as to what the "Restore" fuction really does, that the "Upgrade" doesn't. I believe i formats entire NAND, but that's just a guess...

Any of you ever flashed a stock(pipo original) rom using RK Batch Tool? Did you use Upgrader or Restore? I suspect you haven't Randy, but what you, gujo82 ?
                            Last edited by pr0xZen; 07-10-2013, 23:46.

Comment

Update just copies everything over what is already there. Restore erases IDB before flashing.

So in this case I would pick restore.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

I use the default parameter file.

Randy
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X