Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash s912 tv box device a different rom from a similar tv box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash s912 tv box device a different rom from a similar tv box?

Hello all!
    one theoretical question!
    could i flash to s912 tv box device a different rom from a similar tv box?
    i have a nexbox a1 and i'm wondering if i could flash , let's say a Beelink GT1 rom?
    in matter of fact if they have the same storage and chips in cpu,gpu and ethernet wifi could it work with ,as the original or i'll brick my device?
    thank you!

Theoretically speaking yes it should work. However, reality it is not as simple as that; there are multiple variation of same hardware with different arrangements such as motherboard, and structure components. You can try it to flash GT1's rom but the possibilities of it'll brick is much higher.
    Always backup your device if something goes wrong you can fall back to the original. Please flash your device with GT1's rom and keep us posted. "Necessity is the mother of invention"

Comment

It might work... But, most likely you'll lose both Bluetooth, and WIFi. If your also unlucky you might also whack the MAC Address of your Box as well. Not, sure what your looking for but, I doubt this line of thought will be of much help.

Comment

If someone has tried keep us informed, please

Comment

The closest I came to doing this... Was to flash a Mecool BB2 Firmware onto my YokaTV KB2.
          But these are largely identical the only difference being 16GB Storage (BB2), vs 32GB Storage (KB2).
          The reason why I even bothered was due to broken WiFi. Sadly nothing I've done yet has managed to correct that.
          Leading me to conclude that it's probably down to faulty Hardware, as others have already stated that they were having better luck connecting at 5GHz (802.11ac), then I.

I have since requested yet another RMA with Deal Exreme, and this I plan on asking for a refund.
          I've made my peace with a AFTV2, sadly NOT 4K (So dont believe the BS!) But with working 802.11ac and no a single lag on that Box. I wasn't happy about the omission of the Tosslink Out. But, my TV has ARC, and DD+DTS is working well.

So the idea for now, is to live with that until I get my Tax Returns back, and then set that on a ShieldTV.

Perhaps these baby problems will die off in a few Months, but at this point I probably wouldn't want to touch another S912 Box until such a Box was well into its third revision. That, would likely be not until a good year from now. Then there's also the fact that the AMCODEC is dead as far as Kodi / SPMC is concerned. And may well be the whole reason for the costant crashing of Kodi back Home Screen.

Comment

Yes you can but as has been mentioned above, certains functions may not work if there are different components used, most commonly Bluetooth and WiFi.

The Yundoo Y2 and Nexbox A1 have the same hardware and can use the same firmwares.

You are unlikely to brick it by trying the GT1,so give it a try and report back.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

YUNDOO Y2 , NEXBOX A3 & NEXBOX A1 are the same thing!
              Beelink from the other is having a better status bar and a better function with square button of multitasking
              also i think they working for green flash flickering !
              so it's 50-50 for bricking my box!
              hmm! i don't know .....
              the only thing i'm afraid is to brick the nand flash and the box will be DEAD!
              theoretically it will not happened so easy but.....
              also theoretically i will flash it with usb tool and everything will be ok !
              but...... again all are theoretically !!
              i don't know......
              but if i'll try it i will let you know!
              and if someone willing to test it , good luck!

Comment

please my internet stuck and i posted the same 3 times
                please modarators erase the 2
                thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by klapanaras View Post
                  YUNDOO Y2 , NEXBOX A3 & NEXBOX A1 are the same thing!
                  Beelink from the other is having a better status bar and a better function with square button of multitasking
                  also i think they working for green flash flickering !
                  so it's 50-50 for bricking my box!
                  hmm! i don't know .....
                  the only thing i'm afraid is to brick the nand flash and the box will be DEAD!
                  theoretically it will not happened so easy but.....
                  also theoretically i will flash it with usb tool and everything will be ok !
                  but...... again all are theoretically !!
                  i don't know......
                  but if i'll try it i will let you know!
                  and if someone willing to test it , good luck!
                  Hard bricking devices these days is practically impossible.

If it doesn't work then you just flash the stock ROM back.

Not sure what you mean by better status bar and square button.

Comment

in the status bar they have a power button we don't have!
                    and in the square button they have one button for instant cleaning!
                    two things missing so that's the reason for testing!
                    i hope you'll understand now!

Comment

Originally posted by klapanaras View Post
                      in the status bar they have a power button we don't have!
                      and in the square button they have one button for instant cleaning!
                      two things missing so that's the reason for testing!
                      i hope you'll understand now!
                      The power button is something that is often missing on new firmwares.

Easily resolved though with this Reboot app, created by a member of FD, which also has more options, so worth checking out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.petrus.tools.reboot&hl=en_GB

The new style GUI interfaces also tend to have a quick clean button that clears background tasks with a single click, so also worth checking to see if present.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                        Not sure what you mean by better status bar and square button.
                        I'm thinking dev option multi-window mode. When you alt + tab you click the square thing to pick what part of the screen the app should be on.

It seems to suck on the r-box s912 as you need to hold tab So will have to check what Beelink have done there.

Comment

my problem mate is the root access
                          this reboot app needs root access and i already cleaned my box for playing a tv go app who needs the system locked!
                          so practically i can not use this app!
                          unfortunatly nexbox hasn't this one click clean button and as you know all amlogic leave all the used apps open!
                          so if you forget it sometime you need to erase all them one by one!
                          anyway if i find the courage i'll do the flashing !
                          thank you again!

Comment

lagss sorry

2x post
                            Last edited by trotter; 10-17-2016, 23:41. Reason: lags

Comment

Originally posted by trotter View Post
                              I'm thinking dev option multi-window mode. When you alt + tab you click the square thing to pick what part of the screen the app should be on.

It seems to suck on the r-box s912 as you need to hold tab So will have to check what Beelink have done there.
                              Sounds like an interesting option.

Comment

Working...
                              X