Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T428 poor BT reception?

I bought a Rii RT-MWK02+ Mini Wireless Keyboard BT keyboard for my T428:
    China-1 Stock | Buy Rii RT-MWK02+ Mini Wireless Keyboard TPU Keys w/ Touchpad / Laser Pointer / Backlight - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

It pairs and connects fine with the "Tronsmart T428 New Android 4.2 Firmware add usb audio device support" firmware. Mouse movements are jerky and laggy however. The range is also terrible, the mouse hardly moves just a few meters away.

If I connect the same keyboard with my Sony Xperia P phone, the range seems fine and mouse movement is relatively smooth.

Anyone here able to get proper BT reception on the T428?
    Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

i wrote about this in 2 other topics as well and i want to repeat my toughts here as well. yes we have a serious bt issues with t428. i have an rc16 and i tried almost every available rom but the result were the same very very laggy pointer, repeating key strokes, lost connections etc. basically useless.. but i realise that the wifi causing these problems if you try the mouse with wifi off it works just ok. so my guess is the chip itself has a problem.. but ofcourse mine is just an "educated" guess and i am open to any kind of suggestions..

Comment

Originally posted by ruthless10001 View Post
      i wrote about this in 2 other topics as well and i want to repeat my toughts here as well. yes we have a serious bt issues with t428. i have an rc16 and i tried almost every available rom but the result were the same very very laggy pointer, repeating key strokes, lost connections etc. basically useless.. but i realise that the wifi causing these problems if you try the mouse with wifi off it works just ok. so my guess is the chip itself has a problem.. but ofcourse mine is just an "educated" guess and i am open to any kind of suggestions..
      Some tips:
      - the antenna of the the T428 seems to be on the bottom side of the unit, try aligning the unit in such a way that the backside points towards where you sit
      - the signal might be blocked by your TV if the T428 is behind the TV, you could use a HDMI extension cable
      - I do not see WIFI influencing the BT signal, but, I'm using 5ghz wifi, BT uses 2.4ghz so 2.4ghz WIFI could indeed influence BT reception, try using 5ghz wifi instead if your router supports it

I switched back to my old non-BT wireless keyboard as it has better reception. I also modded the old keyboard to add an extra antenna wire inside the case to extend the small PCB antenna
      Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X