Which amlogic s912 with best support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which amlogic s912 with best support

Hey guys I'm after a new amlogic s912 box. There is so many out there, I would like a one with good support but I am unsure which one to get. Which ones are most likely to be popular on here with custom firmware?

Thanks

Just going by popularity in the S912 forums I would say the beelink GT1 could be a good option.
    It is fully rooted too.
    The S912 is new and firmware will have bugs, and GT1 certainly is not bug free either at the moment, but beelink are working on it and firmware will improve over time.

Comment

Still a few Players to show their cards if you can wait maybe worth your while
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Wait for a good company. Tronsmart beelink etc?

Comment

Beelink have showed their cards so far and it's pretty good as have many others, and support is there also.
          Plenty of good Media Players to be found on Freaktab.
          There is still a few to bare all,

Last edited by trebor; 10-22-2016, 12:29.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

What would you recommend that has the support?

Comment

NEXBOX also too strong!

Comment

Nexbox/beelink/nagrace/ugoos/Zidoo the main supported ones now.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks guys I was thinking about the nexbox or beelink ones. Anyone heard of the h96 pro that has 3gb ram, which company is it?

Comment

The S912 boxes that have arrived so far pretty much seem to have the same performance and basically the same firmwares with different launchers stuck on them, so might well be worth waiting until the dust settles and more boxes to arrive.

The RK3399 is just around the corner too, so it might even be worth holding off for a few weeks to see what that offers as it might just be a serious competitor to the S912.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Now you got me thinking the new rk3399 has a better gpu. I think I will wait, any idea when a box will be available?
                      Hey I see you got a asrock beebox n3150 me too. I'm just running openelec on it at min I'm only running at a resolution of 1080p 60 as 4k only has 2 settings which both seem to be a little jerky on playback.

Comment

Originally posted by avd View Post
                        Now you got me thinking the new rk3399 has a better gpu. I think I will wait, any idea when a box will be available?
                        Hey I see you got a asrock beebox n3150 me too. I'm just running openelec on it at min I'm only running at a resolution of 1080p 60 as 4k only has 2 settings which both seem to be a little jerky on playback.
                        Beginning of November is the supposed due date for new 3399 boxes.

I'm running a dual boot on my Beebox with Windows 10 and this

Jerky playback can be due to only having 1 stick of RAM, with 4k, so utilising the dual channel memory will remove the jerky playback.

Comment

Thanks for info. Im running dual channel memory 2 x 4gb. It is not jerky all the time just say if the camera was panning and there will be a judder every so often. I dont know if it is an issue with my 4k tv as it is running at 60hz and i can only choose 23 or 24 at 4k resolution.
                          What are the advantages of running that other build of kodi on ubuntu server?

Comment

Originally posted by avd View Post
                            Thanks for info. Im running dual channel memory 2 x 4gb. It is not jerky all the time just say if the camera was panning and there will be a judder every so often. I dont know if it is an issue with my 4k tv as it is running at 60hz and i can only choose 23 or 24 at 4k resolution.
                            What are the advantages of running that other build of kodi on ubuntu server?
                            The build allows for proper frame rate adjustment and I have to date, seen no reason to move to Openelec.

Updates are handled with a couple of simple commands too.

But worth asking the same question of fritsch, the dev that came up with it as he would give you a more detailed explanation.

Comment

Sunvell seem to be flooding the market, I like the multi colour version they have out only downside it doesn't show on there website product list !!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X