Apps Being Killed All The Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apps Being Killed All The Time!

I hope someone here can help. I have been trying hard to use my Telos box for months. It has tons of problems in the firmware - but I think the hardware is basically ok. I have worked around some of the problems by using firmware for the Ugoos AM1 although this does not support the built-in SATA connector. I have also tried firmware from the Minix U1 in addition to stock. However, under all of these, I find that apps and their entire process trees are being killed as soon at they leave the foreground. An easy test to see this is to use the Terminal Emulator app. Open it, perform an "ls -l /", then press the home button. In all cases I immediately see the app's icon in the notification bar disappear. Plus if I reopen the app via recent tasks or the home screen icon, the results of the ls command are gone. This is not a low-memory situation. I have fiddled with all of the low memory killer parameters and apps. NOTHING CHANGES THIS. I have never seen this behavior on my old Neo X5 or any of the many phones I have had. It seems maybe an AMLogic issue. Do others see this? Do anyone know how to fix this? Or should I just hit this with a hammer and buy another, non-AML box? Thanks

Finally found the solution to this nagging issue. See the link. What a friggin PIA! Cheers
    Hi there Trons-formers, Why does the "home" icon in the system's taskbar kills the foreground app inste... - English (United Kingdom)

Comment

Working...
    X