Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amlogic Customization tool update for android 6 - locate individual who can insert boot video into Rbox Pro firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic Customization tool update for android 6 - locate individual who can insert boot video into Rbox Pro firmware?

Does anyone have the home page or author's contact information for the customization tool? I'm trying to find out if he plans on updating the tool to cover android 6 units. I have a number of S905 and S912 units that I would like to change the boot video and photo in the firmware, but since the location is different with android 6 I am not able to use the tool...version 2.0.8 to do it with. I can modify apks and such, but can't change the static boot picture or the boot video file unless I do it one unit at a time with root explorer and ESF file explorer. I'd really like it in the firmware. If not with that tool, I need to find an individual who can do that with the RBox Pro 3GB firmware...namely change the static boot picture and boot video in the firmware. The apks I can do.
    Any help greatly appreciated! I am happy to pay someone who can do it...or to possibly pay the author of the Customization tool to update it to cover android 6 as well.

Hello idemo ,

The Customization Tool is made by Amlogic. Updates come when they think it is needed to Update it.
    There is nothing you can do on this sorry.
    If you want I can do the needed changes for you, in the Roms.

Kind Regards
    Neomode

Comment

Hi,
      I just sent you a PM.... Thanks!

Comment

not sure it this works with marshmallow.. but you can just go to tmp/level2/logores for to changed the boot image and for the boot animation just go to /tmp/system/media and just directly overwrite the files there. And pack the image. This is what i normally do with lollipop..

Comment

Thanks for the info, but no...it doesn't work for android 6. The video file is located in "etc" and not in "system/media.

Comment

v2.0.8 does in fact work with Android 6 on the S905X devices at least, haven't tried any S912 firmware yet. To set the bootvideo just overwrite /etc/bootvideo with your 1080p mpg/mp4 file then edit /system/build.prop and set "service.bootvideo=1". The boot logo can also be set with the tool, it should be a 16 or 24 bit bmp file, but the tool can set the bit depth for you. Some boxes only work with a certain bit depth so try converting to both 16 and 24 bit using the tool and one of them will work.

Do note that if any of the init scripts (preinstall scripts) are set to execute with "on property:init.svc.bootanim=stopped" you may need to change them to load with "on property:dev.bootcomplete=1" instead since the boot animation will be skipped with bootvideo enabled. Generally only \level2\kernel\initrd\init.amlogic.board.rc needs to be edited in this case.

Comment

Thank you for the info.... Yes... I have been using it with S912 units and I get an error message when opening any firmware that the boot video is invalid and then it finishes opening the file. When I go to the boot video tab it shows the 'Google" video that is always shown and not the one actually in the firmware. I can modify the apk files with success, but have had no luck with the boot photo or the video unless I manually install them on the unit itself by replacing the files with root explorer and ESfile explorer. I'll give your method a try though and do appreciate the reply!
              PS.... Are you using this in Windows or Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
                v2.0.8 does in fact work with Android 6 on the S905X devices at least, haven't tried any S912 firmware yet. To set the bootvideo just overwrite /etc/bootvideo with your 1080p mpg/mp4 file then edit /system/build.prop and set "service.bootvideo=1". The boot logo can also be set with the tool, it should be a 16 or 24 bit bmp file, but the tool can set the bit depth for you. Some boxes only work with a certain bit depth so try converting to both 16 and 24 bit using the tool and one of them will work.

Do note that if any of the init scripts (preinstall scripts) are set to execute with "on property:init.svc.bootanim=stopped" you may need to change them to load with "on property:dev.bootcomplete=1" instead since the boot animation will be skipped with bootvideo enabled. Generally only \level2\kernel\initrd\init.amlogic.board.rc needs to be edited in this case.
                Thanks for the helpful info
                Last edited by ALVATECH; 02-20-2017, 04:57.

Comment

check this tutorial on how to change the bootup logo
                  It cost me days to find out how to create my own Full HD bootup logo, for my upcoming custom Yundoo Y1 S912 ATV rom. Because the build in function of the Amlogic
                  My contributions to the community
                  [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
                  [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

Comment

Working...
                  X