Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 4K UHD Smart TV BOX Android 6.0 Marshmallow Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 4K UHD Smart TV BOX Android 6.0 Marshmallow Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN

Click image for larger version

Name:	geekbuying-X96-4K-UHD-Smart-TV-BOX-392551-.jpg
Views:	1337
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	608013
    Click image for larger version

Name:	X96-4K-UHD-Smart-TV-BOX-385488-.jpg
Views:	1109
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	608014
    Geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Nice one trebor I was just thinking about buying a couple of these X96's and up popped a notification of your post above Will look forward to your thoughts & comments as it is very cheap for what it offers
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Dual Ir may be handy if its it the unit buried, much the same I think as most 905x
      Cheers

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Nice box, have it for a week now. But i do have an issue with Netflix.
        Topic: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...lix-0013-error

Also, where can i download manual firmware updates?

Comment

I have had it about 3 weeks. Once already bricked to Nexbox A95X firmware and finally got it back to original new firmware.

Got new firmware from:
          Shenzhen Tomato X96 firmware: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1b0PCrc
          password:hp7u

Select 2G / 16G RTL8189 firmware , if you have this wifi chip.

Direct link to firmware:
          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Downloading firmware was tricky for non chinese, but Google helps.

From Google Play Store you can install good Android TV style launcher:

Also VLC Player has Android TV UI style .

Comment

Had also OTA update dated 20161122.
            Everything is OK in X96 TV box, only change TV launcher to better one.

Comment

I have two of these boxes. One is a XGody and the other is a knock off.
              I am using Nova launcher and greenify on the XGody. NICE.....

Comment

I did not like Nova launcher. Found from net Ugoos TV launcher best for my usage.
                Another pleasant launcher is HALauncher.
                These launchers are easy to use with original IR remote controller or wireless touch mouse keypad.

Comment

My X96 box does not have the navigation bar (home , back , recent apps).
                  I change to nova launcher and install “simple control” app from play store,
                  when I click the recent apps button , it does not show the recent apps screen.
                  Is it normal?
                  How to fix it?

Comment

I want to buy this android box. Kindly let me know how to differentiate between a geniune and a clone / fake ??
                    As I learned that there are several fake/clone of this android box in market.

Comment

Originally posted by hikka View Post
                      I have had it about 3 weeks. Once already bricked to Nexbox A95X firmware and finally got it back to original new firmware.

Got new firmware from:
                      Shenzhen Tomato X96 firmware: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1b0PCrc
                      password:hp7u

Select 2G / 16G RTL8189 firmware , if you have this wifi chip.

Direct link to firmware:
                      百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Downloading firmware was tricky for non chinese, but Google helps.

From Google Play Store you can install good Android TV style launcher:

Also VLC Player has Android TV UI style .

To download this firmware from baidu,it is asking for password/code/user name.Due to Chinese language I could not even register there.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik View Post

To download this firmware from baidu,it is asking for password/code/user name.Due to Chinese language I could not even register there.
                        Use google to translate it to your language. Maybe you don't need to download firmware, if not bricked to to wrong firmware.

You can possibly download direct OTA update to TV box, if you have correct firmware.

Comment

it is 19.8 MB exe file.Is it only applicatio to download full 1.1 GB firmware .??

Comment

Last edited by Qwiz; 02-07-2017, 15:10. Reason: Solved

Comment

If someone who has one if these can test the Rupa firmware on it to see if everything works? I think a pretty good deal for 2 gig 16 gig device.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X