Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Docooler M9S-PRO Smart Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S905 not booting NEED HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docooler M9S-PRO Smart Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S905 not booting NEED HELP!

TV Box will not boot, stuck at M9S-PRO screen. If I hold down the reset button (located inside SPDIF plug) the box will go to android character and in bottom left state formatting cache. About 2 minutes later will start giving messages of E: formatting cache failure.
    Supplier has emailed me a zip that is supposed to have a recovery OS put the instructions are not clear enough on how to get the box to boot to get to the recovery.
    Following is screen shot of the booting and the instructions the supplier sent me. Please help with getting this box back to booting. I have not attempted to root this box.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

@CasperUSA,

Try this... install TWRP following directions on this forum:

My M9S-Pro finally arrived. It's a modest AmLogic S905 chip with a Mali-450, notably only because it has Ethernet, three USB ports, 3 GB of RAM and a 32 GB ROM. My kids use the Nexus Player as a gaming device, but I am constantly running out of...

You will also find an upload of the stock firmware. I haven't tested it. You can try using TWRP, or you will have to use AmLogic's flash utility.

Comment

hello.
      my docooler m9s-pro had problem from the begining.
      as it works ,the screen freezed.the tv box was start again if i pull out the power adaptor .
      after 2-3 times with this problem,the tvbox is dead with the red led on.
      Nothing happens when i push the power button from the transmitter.

nothing hapens when i try to instal twrp with usb.my pc can not recognize the tv box

nothing happens when i press the reset button
      can someone help me with this?
      thank you.

Comment

I managed to get this box back to booting by using the usb burn tool with "aml_upgrade_package0607.img"but you have to short pins on the nand on the samsung chip. I put twrp back on the the box with no problem however the box keeps boot looping when it gets to "STARTING APPS" after the rom trys to install. I could greatly use a twrp recovery for this box.

I have tryed to flash the stock firmware from this thread but get the error "package is for hx_s905 devices; this is a p200"

It could be the wrong firmware that i used on the usb tool but haven't found any other firmware that would successfully flash past 2%. But for those who bricked the device this is at least forward momentum. If i could find someone kind enough to share a twrp backup for this device it might help things along..

people can look here my progress and to see how i got the bot back booting.
        http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/amlogic/docooler-m9s-pro-t3450711/page6

any help would be great

Comment

Hello.I have a m9s-pro of a friend.
          The problem is that the tvbox not boot and I always see red light. On my tv I see white screen. I was trying to reflash it with usb burning tool and the stock firmware. The progress always is success 100% but every time I try to boot I have the same problem. White screen and red light.
          Any help please?

Comment

this is my problem. the update is success .the firmware is the right. but the box not boot

finally i managed to connect my m9s-pro with usb/ttl adapter.so i can see every time what happens when i try ro reboot or flash the tv box.so i found that it has an error
            ## Booting Android Image at 0x01080000 ...
            reloc_addr =13f4a1c0
            copy done
            load dtb from 0x1000000 ......
            board_usb_stop cfg: 0
            Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
            kernel loaded at 0x01080000, end = 0x01f00db8
            Loading Ramdisk to 13c2d000, end 13ec30ed ... OK
            Loading Device Tree to 0000000013c21000, end 0000000013c2c003 ... OK
            signature:
            fdt_instaboot: get header err
            Starting kernel ...
            uboot time: 3628506 us
            the ttl pins are between first and second usb of tv box .so you need to connect to pin 2 tx, pin 3 rx , and pin 4 gnd.
            i use PuTTY program. you have to found the serial line of ttl adapter on the pc. in my case is com 15 the speed is 115200 and connection type serial.

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

so can someone help me with this error?
            signature:

Last edited by stelioskoz; 04-19-2017, 15:13.

Comment

finally i managed to connect my m9s-pro with usb/ttl adapter.so i can see every time what happens when i try ro reboot or flash the tv box.so i found that it has an error
              ## Booting Android Image at 0x01080000 ...
              reloc_addr =13f4a1c0
              copy done
              load dtb from 0x1000000 ......
              board_usb_stop cfg: 0
              Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
              kernel loaded at 0x01080000, end = 0x01f00db8
              Loading Ramdisk to 13c2d000, end 13ec30ed ... OK
              Loading Device Tree to 0000000013c21000, end 0000000013c2c003 ... OK
              signature:
              Starting kernel ...
              uboot time: 3628506 us
              the ttl pins are between first and second usb of tv box .so you need to connect to pin 2 tx, pin 3 rx , and pin 4 gnd.
              i use PuTTY program. you have to found the serial line of ttl adapter on the pc. in my case is com 15 the speed is 115200 and connection type serial.

so can someone help me with this error?
              signature:

Comment

finally i manage to fix it with this firmware and aml flash tool.the ram is 512Mb and not 2gb as i see on tvbox
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

this firmware is for 2gb ram
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

I change the resolution to 4k 60Hz and now I can't go back to native resolution. I only see a blurred image. Does anyone know how to fix the resolution? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by stelioskoz View Post
                    finally i manage to fix it with this firmware and aml flash tool.the ram is 512Mb and not 2gb as i see on tvbox

this firmware is for 2gb ram

Hi...
                    Is this the firmware for S905X model or S905 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X