Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing internal SD storage size

Hi everybody,

I've been searching for information about how to change the default sizes of "user" and "userdata" partitions in the official firmware 2.50. After taking a look to this post:

it looks like Finless provides different parameters for resiziing those partitions, so it seems that simply changing those parameters (and flashing back the changes into NAND), I could resize the partitions as desired.
    Is it true? Or maybe those parameters are used by any other application to format and resize them? If so, which app can do it for me?

Thanks!

Hi magno

yes it is true you have to flash it with a bigger on 4,6,8,12....if existing for the Rom you want to flash.If you need more Info ask.

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi magno

yes it is true you have to flash it with a bigger on 4,6,8,12....if existing for the Rom you want to flash.If you need more Info ask.

nice Day

gefattern

Thanks for your answer! After changing those paramters and reflashing the firmware, must I do any other steps? I read that you can change those parameters and reflash ONLY that partition back on NAND flash, then reboot in recovery, and finally restore defaults from recovery in order to apply changes according to those new parameters.

Comment

Hi magno,

after flash with Pc full new flash) and if in Settings/Storage all is as you wanted ,no.I never did it the Recovery Way but i think it works,but Backup your Data on a external Device (SD,USB Stick...)

because you will lose it if not ,both ways.If you need more Info,ask.

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X