insmod kernel panic : what to do? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insmod kernel panic : what to do? Please help

I have a question concerning drivers / modules for T428.

Recently, I flashed my T428 with kasty 1080p FW coming from arctablets post.
    Everything seems fine for me there except one nuisance: it doesn't support the Realtek RTL8150 USB 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter. I'm sure its driver name is "rtl8150.ko".

Next step, I got the "Linux3188" (AlokSinha) and prepared the build environment (I use Ubuntu 12.04).
    I did "make modules", copied the usbnet.ko and rtl8150.ko to a spare flashdrive and connected it to my T428 device.
    When I launched insmod usbnet.ko, I got immediately black screen and the device was rebooted.
    Afterwards I used "cat /proc/last_kmsg" and there was "kernel panic".

Finally, I tried to compile a HelloWorld module to test it and, unfortunately I had exactly the same result: black screen and reboot.
    Please help.
    Do I miss something?
    Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by dendroid66 View Post
    I have a question concerning drivers / modules for T428.

Recently, I flashed my T428 with kasty 1080p FW coming from arctablets post.
    Everything seems fine for me there except one nuisance: it doesn't support the Realtek RTL8150 USB 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter. I'm sure its driver name is "rtl8150.ko".

Next step, I got the "Linux3188" (AlokSinha) and prepared the build environment (I use Ubuntu 12.04).
    I did "make modules", copied the usbnet.ko and rtl8150.ko to a spare flashdrive and connected it to my T428 device.
    When I launched insmod usbnet.ko, I got immediately black screen and the device was rebooted.
    Afterwards I used "cat /proc/last_kmsg" and there was "kernel panic".

Finally, I tried to compile a HelloWorld module to test it and, unfortunately I had exactly the same result: black screen and reboot.
    Please help.
    Do I miss something?
    Thank you in advance.
    usbnet.ko likely already present in the core

Comment

Working...
    X