Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How i unbricked my T95M S905 box

Hello everyone,
    The other day i bricked my T95M S905 box while i was fooling around with TWRP recovery. So the box froze and when i unplugged the power and plug it back all i got was the blue light on the front. No signal on TV. Nothing on the front screen.

So i googled the problem and found many guides (mostly from this forum) that explained how to unbrick the box. So this is what i tried and DIDN"T work:

1. Toothpick method
    I tried several times to boot with the reset button pressed but still nothing. I also tried different power supply with no success. No recovery screen, no signal on TV.

2. USB Burning Tool
    I tried to flash the firmware using AMLogic Burning Tool using the OTG port of the box but the box was not showing up on pc. I also tried on a different PC but i could make the box to show up on device manager. Some people had success while short pinning some pins on NAND but my NAND was a FORESEE NCEMASD9 and there was very little info about this NAND. Anyway i went for it as i had nothing to lose and short pinned 17-18 pins but nothing happened again. I also tried to short other pins but no success at all. I luckily didn't destroy the NAND.

3. BootCard Maker
    I found a spare 2GB sd card and created the SD card using this tool with the correct uboot.bin file from the T95M firmware but nothing happened again. Still only the blue light. I also tried another sd card (1GB) but this didn't work either.

I decided to hook up the USB UART cable that i had, to watch the console while booting. IT could give me a hint. The console output was:

...EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;SD:0;READ:1000;USB:8;LOOP: 1;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;SD:0;READ:1000;USB:...

on the loop. With or without the SD card i was getting the same message. I read somewhere that this message indicates that it can't find the bootloader. So i tried many different firmwares and uboot.bin files from many sources but still nothing.

Finally, when i was sure that my box will never be unbricked I FOUND THE SOLUTION! i tried BootCardMaker with another SD card from my Raspberry Pi. A SanDisk 16GB Class 10. I plug it in the T95M and TADA! ! ! Bootloader was loaded and the Android Robot was on the TV screen with the word "Upgrading".

So if anyone is trying to unbrick his tv box but had no success this is the lessons I learned:
    1. The T95M tv box probably is not supporting the USB Burning Tool method.
    2. Try different SD card from different vendors.

I hope this post will help people that have the same problem.

Did your firmware have a u-boot.bin file? mine only comes with a u-boot.sd.bin file, even when renaming it, it doesnt work with bootcardmaker...

Comment

My firmware have the same u-boot.sd.bin file. Just rename the u-boot.sd.bin file to u-boot.bin and use it with BootCardMaker.

Comment

Originally posted by pswnio View Post
        My firmware have the same u-boot.sd.bin file. Just rename the u-boot.sd.bin file to u-boot.bin and use it with BootCardMaker.
        which firmware did you use? T95m-2G-8723-160622

Comment

Originally posted by Fastrap87 View Post

which firmware did you use? T95m-2G-8723-160622
          that's right

Comment

Originally posted by pswnio View Post
            Hello everyone,
            The other day i bricked my T95M S905 box while i was fooling around with TWRP recovery. So the box froze and when i unplugged the power and plug it back all i got was the blue light on the front. No signal on TV. Nothing on the front screen.

So i googled the problem and found many guides (mostly from this forum) that explained how to unbrick the box. So this is what i tried and DIDN"T work:

1. Toothpick method
            I tried several times to boot with the reset button pressed but still nothing. I also tried different power supply with no success. No recovery screen, no signal on TV.

2. USB Burning Tool
            I tried to flash the firmware using AMLogic Burning Tool using the OTG port of the box but the box was not showing up on pc. I also tried on a different PC but i could make the box to show up on device manager. Some people had success while short pinning some pins on NAND but my NAND was a FORESEE NCEMASD9 and there was very little info about this NAND. Anyway i went for it as i had nothing to lose and short pinned 17-18 pins but nothing happened again. I also tried to short other pins but no success at all. I luckily didn't destroy the NAND.

3. BootCard Maker
            I found a spare 2GB sd card and created the SD card using this tool with the correct uboot.bin file from the T95M firmware but nothing happened again. Still only the blue light. I also tried another sd card (1GB) but this didn't work either.

I decided to hook up the USB UART cable that i had, to watch the console while booting. IT could give me a hint. The console output was:

...EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;SD:0;READ:1000;USB:8;LOOP: 1;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;SD:0;READ:1000;USB:...

on the loop. With or without the SD card i was getting the same message. I read somewhere that this message indicates that it can't find the bootloader. So i tried many different firmwares and uboot.bin files from many sources but still nothing.

Finally, when i was sure that my box will never be unbricked I FOUND THE SOLUTION! i tried BootCardMaker with another SD card from my Raspberry Pi. A SanDisk 16GB Class 10. I plug it in the T95M and TADA! ! ! Bootloader was loaded and the Android Robot was on the TV screen with the word "Upgrading".

So if anyone is trying to unbrick his tv box but had no success this is the lessons I learned:
            1. The T95M tv box probably is not supporting the USB Burning Tool method.
            2. Try different SD card from different vendors.

I hope this post will help people that have the same problem.
            Can you tell which files did you used to make your SD Card, I have the same problem but it is not working for me.

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by gerberFreak View Post

Can you tell which files did you used to make your SD Card, I have the same problem but it is not working for me.

thank you.
              This should help

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/19/how-to-create-a-bootable-recovery-sd-card-for-amlogic-tv-boxes/
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

yes I already did the procedure with the following image: T95m-1G-8189-160516 but still it is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by gerberFreak View Post
                  yes I already did the procedure with the following image: T95m-1G-8189-160516 but still it is not working.
                  Can you elaborate more on the issues that you are having, including error messages etc?

Comment

I tried to apply the following firmware to my box T95m-1G-8189-Dfile-160630 and it bricked I only see the red light. I have tried different methods to unbrick but I don't mange to see the Bootloader. I tried with Windows USB Burning Tool method, it doesn't detect it. I tried with boot card maker and the burn card maker, nothing. That's the reason why I am asking for the files that you used maybe I don't have the right uboot.bin file. Right now I tried withe burn card maker with the firmware: T95m-1G-8189-160516 and T95m-1G-8189-Dfile-160630, the only thing that I read somewhere that I need to change the name of the file: u-boot.bin.sd.bin to u-boot.bin but it is not working it doesn't detect it, I see nothing.

thank you.

Comment

If nothing has worked and all you are seeing is the red light then the next step may be having to short some pins on the motherboard but what they will be for an S905 box I don't know.

I'm sure that others will see this thread and hopefully somebody will know.

Might be worth contacting the vendor that you purchased from as they may be able to contact the manufacturer directly.

Comment

Thank you I will try to find out how to short the pins.

Comment

can anyone help which pins to short on the Samsung NAND for the T95M to boot from SD-Card ?

My device is stuck in the GXL:BL1:9ac50e:a1974b;FEAT:ADFC318C;POC:3;RCY:0;EM MC:0;READ:0;CHK:AA;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:AA;USB:8; loop

Comment

I have t95m android 6 with 2g ram & it s freeze all the time , I tried to make factory reset but nothing change if u can help me how to fix? I search for firmware 2g ram & I couldn't find anyone

Comment

Working...
                            X