X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet down when HDMI plugged in???

Hey guys,

Here is a good one for you!

I've just setup an ENY EM95 box for a friend, works perfectly at my house and also at my work. When I take it to my friends house his internet goes completely down! I've worked out I can power the box on and internet is still fine, as soon as I plug in the HDMI cable, internet goes off!

The HDMI doesn't even need to be plugged into the TV, just the power and HDMI. WIFI on the box is off and no ethernet. Unplug the HDMI and all is good again. WTF!! lol

I've tried turning off the wifi on the router, changed the router for 2 different models also tried a different EM95 box and still the same problem.

A long shot, but any ideas what is going on?

Well that is unusual. As a hope and a prayer, have you tried a different HDMI Cable. Also, maybe the power supply is outputting some dirt. Still, to crash the internet in the house that it is not even connected to the box via WiFi or Eth is weird.

Perhaps it is time for an exorcist.

Hope you get it worked out.
    Good luck, as I think you will need some.

Comment

SORTED!

After trying a few thing's, finally swapped the power supply. Hey presto it works! It must have been something to do with the HDMI earthing everything once plugged in and a dodgy power supply!

Lucky it was that as I was just about to call the priest!

Comment

Glad you got it going.

Power supplies have proven inconsistent across many brands of boxes, they are behind a good number of issues experienced on these devices.

Exorcism avoided.
        ​​​​​
        Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X