Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini M8S - S905x - Latest Box - New WiFi Card - Need Firmware (PCB Pic Inc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini M8S - S905x - Latest Box - New WiFi Card - Need Firmware (PCB Pic Inc)

Got this for my sons bedroom for Christmas, flashed it with XannyTech rom straight away - but wifi doesn't work. The buyer is saying the factory aren't available to get firmware from.

Here is the PCB, I read somewhere that due to shortage, the factory may have used AP6212A wifi chip (instead of AP6212).

Can anyone help? This box is too far to ethernet.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

You might have greater chances to find solution if you post your issue here:

Comment

I dont see a firmware relevant to this in that thread mate? Unless I'm totally missing something...

Comment

I totally misread your post on phone, lost my glasses yeterday. Apologies. I will post there, thanks.

Comment

I have the same this tv box T95N s905x, but i can not find the it's firmware. When i flashed firmware of another device also s905x chip, then wifi can't turn on and doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
            Got this for my sons bedroom for Christmas, flashed it with XannyTech rom straight away - but wifi doesn't work. The buyer is saying the factory aren't available to get firmware from.

Here is the PCB, I read somewhere that due to shortage, the factory may have used AP6212A wifi chip (instead of AP6212).

Could you please confirm that your box has the AP6212A wifi chip and NOT the AP6212 wifi chip ?
            You can only confirm this by opening the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post

I'm probably talking to myself in this post (LOL), but here is something interesting... if you are still interested

Originally posted by luke_70it View Post
              I have a mini M8S II device with AP6212A and i can confirm Wi-Fi is working with Xannytech rom (i tested only beta3).

Inviato dal mio P027 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I have a same box. I also flashed xannytech beta3 and libreelec beta 7.9 but on both rom, wifi doesn't work

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by minh.nn View Post
                  I have a same box. I also flashed xannytech beta3 and libreelec beta 7.9 but on both rom, wifi doesn't work
                  The Photos you have uploaded are too small. I, for once, cannot see if the WiFi chip you have is the AP6212A or the AP6212.

Anyway, if you actually have the AP6212A chip, then I think only the libreelec 7.0.3.012c is compatible with it. The 7.0.3.012d seems to have issues with it, and 7.9 is beta and probably does not have support (yet) for AP6212A.

Comment

Hi LostEchoes,

I have flashed the 7.0.3.012c and also 7.0.3.012g from your link but the wifi still not work.

Maybe it uses another wifi chip.

I attach again some pics of board

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by minh.nn View Post
                      Hi LostEchoes,

I have flashed the 7.0.3.012c and also 7.0.3.012g from your link but the wifi still not work.

Maybe it uses another wifi chip.

I attach again some pics of board

http://i.imgur.com/qhYH27R.jpg
                      Hi again.
                      To be honest I cannot locate your WiFi card model from the photos.
                      Maybe after all your box comes with a whole different chip and that's why it does not work with those roms and / or libreElec.

Try to start from this: got to "settings - > about" or "settings - > networks" (I don't remember now) and write down somewhere your wi-fi network card MAC address.

Go here to find the card's vendor / brand:

Enter the MAC address or OUI and find which company made the device. Which company manufactured the network card? MA-L, MA-M, MA-S. MAC Vendor details.

In my case it brings: AMPAK Technology, Inc. and my card is indeed the AP6212a which is supported by both LibreElec and Xannytech's custom rom. I have also confirmed this by opening my box
                      Attached Files

Comment

After doing some Google search, I think this box use wifi chip from SCI. Model: 9082C - 11634

info: https://www.wi-fi.org/content/search-page?keys=S9082c

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1614.JPG
Views:	514
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	630274

Comment

Any luck with this wifi chip? Got the same one in an MXQ PRO, black screen flashing blue light.

Comment

Working...
                          X