Ugoos UT6 - An RK3229 TV Box?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos UT6 - An RK3229 TV Box?...

Saw the UT6 on Ugoos' site. Otherwise I have never heard of it.
    I guess, at least conceptually, it exists.
    Same case as the 2nd UT3S, UT3+ and UT4.

Just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone knows of it.

Ugoos seems to be one of the better manufactures, they keep their firmware current, unlike most of the other brands.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I agree, though they seem to be spreading themselves a bit thin these days. I assume this box shares its roots with the Nagrace's 3229, but pure speculation on my part.

Still a ghost as far as I know.

Comment

Ugoos makes it official, see here.
        1GB/8GB and 2GB/16GB models offered.
        Android 6.0.1 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude
          Ugoos makes it official, see here.
          1GB/8GB and 2GB/16GB models offered.
          Android 6.0.1 installed.
          Wonder if it's possible to port to Dolamee D5?

Sent from my FMT-NM7116-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably. But I have neither device, so don't know for certain. I am not a ROM cooker so can't tell you how.

I have not seen a UT6 in the wild, so don't know what the UT6 F/W offers.

Comment

Although there seems no box out there that anybody has reviewed, it is on it's second firmware now.

http://ugoos.net/blog/UT6-update-v111-tvsettinga-gamepad-settings-kodi-RKMC
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Yes, I have not seen it in the wild either. The same might be said for the UT3+. In fact, very few references/reviews to either, web-wide at least as far as Google is concerned. Don't know what's up with that.

Comment

Strange for sure considering that it's been listed on their site for some time now.

Comment

The UT3+ was officially released early July 2016 and I have had mine since Jan 2016, so yes, been a while. LibreELEC for the UT3+ was the first other "in-use" bit I have seen. I have submitted some bug info about the box, but feedback from Team Ugoos has been in short supply lately. They have many irons in the fire.

I still luv my Ugoos boxes though. I guess your first luv is always with you.

Comment

Being an RK3288 I doubt that it will get much support now.

Remember that your first love breaks your heart too lol
                      Last edited by bluesmanuk; 03-01-2017, 01:18.

Comment

Are you trying to cheer me up? They all broke my heart. :-)

The + runs pretty good, but I would like to see better performance from its HDMI In record function.
                        The 3399 is just over the horizon, so looking forward to that.....I think.

Comment

Working...
                        X