A95X vs M8SII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A95X vs M8SII

In the spec I see some diff and A95X has better spec.
    A95X: 5g + av
    M8SII: no 5g, no av

I know firmware, sw is also very important.
    Which is recommended for android (no le) and why?
    A95X issues?? Revision differences?

Thanks a lot

A95X power supply plug isn't very good replace asap but the box is great. It gets regular updates. Kodi 17 is lightning fast and 4TB hard drives apparently work I'm going to test this soon. The best box I've had. Previously I've used the mk808 / mk908 series & mxq devices this far exceeds those with no contest. If you can get the 2GB ram and 5GHz wifi model I've got the 16GB storage option with Bluetooth yet to try the Bluetooth but the 5GHz wifi is working great. Post the spec of both please but A95X in my experience is well worth it. Got the Xioami gamepad to try out that's using Bluetooth. I used Nova launcher and Googles live wallpaper with no lag. Kodi by the way is pre loaded with add-ons and the box came with apps installed all of which I cleared of and changed to Kodi 17 good news is the default media launcher that shortcuts to Kodi still works after changing to the Kodi beta just a nice shortcut that doesn't break.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by modmouse View Post
      A95X power supply plug isn't very good replace asap but the box is great. It gets regular updates. Kodi 17 is lightning fast and 4TB hard drives apparently work I'm going to test this soon. The best box I've had. Previously I've used the mk808 / mk908 series & mxq devices this far exceeds those with no contest. If you can get the 2GB ram and 5GHz wifi model I've got the 16GB storage option with Bluetooth yet to try the Bluetooth but the 5GHz wifi is working great. Post the spec of both please but A95X in my experience is well worth it. Got the Xioami gamepad to try out that's using Bluetooth. I used Nova launcher and Googles live wallpaper with no lag. Kodi by the way is pre loaded with add-ons and the box came with apps installed all of which I cleared of and changed to Kodi 17 good news is the default media launcher that shortcuts to Kodi still works after changing to the Kodi beta just a nice shortcut that doesn't break.

Thanks for the detailed answer!!!!
      Did the power supply make any problem? Or what was the exact cause?
      What about with the ir remote? Working well from any distance?
      Last edited by pszab; 01-07-2017, 09:49.

Comment

The ir remote works well from quite far about 5m is as far as I can test maybe more it's programmable too has printed instructions on the rear of remote to do basic functions from your TV volume and TV source and power on off for TV it's got a clear red LED so you know the remotes working or in programmable mode. No remote control batteries supplied though it's only 2 aa batteries. the power supply I'd recommend checking if it has your countries safety marks on the plug. My plug failed within hours which made me think the box was bricked but no the box survived now using a different plug. GearBest kindly gave me 12.5 back as partial refund for the plug failing. Reading else where I've not seen this as a common issue so I got unlucky with the power supply the cables are just the same fitting as a Sony PSP as long as it's 5v 2a out those cables will work I've ordered for £2 a USB to the correct pin for the box cable and will use a plug that's got a 2a port.

Comment

What is a good power supply to buy? What polarity for the DC?

Comment

Working...
          X