MECOOL BB2 PRO Android 6.0 TV Box 3GB DDR4 + 16GB YouTube Playback Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MECOOL BB2 PRO Android 6.0 TV Box 3GB DDR4 + 16GB YouTube Playback Problems

Hi folks, I bought the MECOOL BB2 PRO just before Xmas and I've had issue with it since I first switched it on. If I wasn't typing this on a tablet I could give it a full review including the good and the bad, instead I'll just answer any questions you have on it.

Now I'll start with the problems I've managed to fix. On first boot I installed the basics that I require from the box: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and a proper YouTube app not the incredibly out of date YouTube for android TV. Who wants to guess at how many of these worked?

If your answer was Zero you would be correct, Netflix threw up some generic connection error which after several data, cache clears, factory resets and reinstalls seems to have sorted itself. Likewise for Amazon Prime.

Now the biggest issue I have and this is a deal breaker for me is I can't get Youtube to play at all the app loads fine all the Thumbnails populate but no matter what video you select the pinwheel just spins and the video never loads. I've trawled through forums and Google searches which is a minefield if you type YouTube playback problems or any other related search string I've tried every obvious fix I've seen, Factory resets, data and cache clears, older versions of the YouTube app, nothing fixes it.

So this is where you guys come in. I'm hoping someone out there has experienced this issues and it's a very obvious fix that I've not came across yet.

Oh and I'm also running the latest manufacturer Videostrong firmware: 20161209 and it's not my internet connection.

So thanks in advance and hopefully together we can solve this, if not the box is going back.

Heya,
    If you are still trying to Youtube here is a link to some of my suggestions

also same thread others(phughf) suggested Youtube for android T.V.

G-Luck
    Reap

Comment

Hello, i have exactly  the same issues with netfix and YouTube. i also on the latest firmare. For youtube I've download an early version of it and if seems to work ok. Netflix, Same thing. Downloaded an early version of it. My box came rooted, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I think google and Netflix starting to block certain Android boxes. Had error code 13 on Netflix and YouTube had just a spinning load screen. 

Comment

I too did not like the preinstalled youtube, I installed the one from PlayStore, but the thing is it won't play all videos, if you enable "nerd stats" i think on youtube settings ,then play a youtube video ,you will see the format of the video,the ones that does not work is webm vp9, I'm assuming the box does not support that format,the ones that works is mp4 avc1 i think. Im not sure how youtube works,but i wonder if the videos that are encoded in the webm vp9 format are also available in a different format that the device supports.I wonder if there is a file modification we can edit out to show only the supported format.
        For now I'll use android tv version.

As for the Netflix error, I too have been having that problem, after installing reinstalling, It hasnt fixed it. but it seemed to fixed itself after a while.I cant remember what i did ,I think i reinstalled the preinstalled app and updated it form play store.

Also How did you update the firmware, mine is still on 20161122, the OTA app says there's no update available,and the zip file i got from androidtvbox.eu site would not work, it gave error.

Comment

Looking for firmware update mecoolbb2 pro can anyone help tia

Comment

Working...
          X