can't access recovery menu on OTT MX4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't access recovery menu on OTT MX4

I changed from Dalvik runtime to ART runtime in the developer options menu and now the device won't boot. just shows the animated android text forever (seen at 1:07 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5mn880l5Zk)

i can boot into recovery mode using the button in the AV port. I see the 'No Command' screen however i can't seem to access any kind of menu. nothing on my remote opens a menu nor do any keys on my wireless usb keyboard. i've tried several combinations of button presses found via google but nothing works. The manual included with the box suggests that a menu should appear automatically but if that were true i wouldn't be here now would i?

the box the device was packaged in said it was a mxq-4k device, but it says MX4 on the top of the device and the circuit board inside is labelled 'MX4-V10' .it's a rk3229 device with a quad core cortex-a7 cpu and 4x mali-400 gpus. 1gb of ram and 8gb of memory.

does anyone with experience with this box know how to open the recovery menu?

My issue has been resolved. I found an old forum thread on google that suggested a few solutions and one of them worked!

The remote that came with the device didn't work properly in the recovery menu. I had to find an old USB keyboard and hook that up to the device. Once in the recovery menu, I held down the power button on the remote and then pressed the volume up button on the keyboard.

Comment

hi haxrox, i have the same problem. whe i try to boot in recovery mode a message apear "no command", y have a pc keyboard conected and dont have multimedia keys volume up, volume down. im lost.

Comment

Working...
      X