Sd card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sd card issue

Right heres a fun problem for you(fecking annoying for me)..

Have sowa's rom V5rc1 flashed at mo.Great rom but there's a mojor issue regarding real sdcards...

The rom write protects them so nothing can be copied,deleted or moved from it...

So any app that requires ability to download to card(browser or mapping)or saved data cannot do so, nor can I create back ups using Titanium or any other app. it either fails or gives you a warning the saying check you card is write enabled!Now this has happened with 4 cards(16,8,4gig) so far and not sure how to resolve the issue and need it sorting out..

If I eject the card I can download as normal, create backups etc and whilst this is a work around it is pointless for mapping apps and games/apps that download/create data etc on the sd card as soon as I mount the sd card it's no longer usable and indeed can't even find it...

Has anyone had this issue is so how the heck did you resolve it?

Should point out that cards work fine in our other tabs and with PC,Netbook and Laptop. also if tablet connected to pc I can transfer and delete data etc on the sd card....
    Last edited by lohtse; 03-20-2012, 08:14.

So no one has ever had this issue!!!!???? Hmmmm whats the damn point off having an sd slot if you can't use the damn thing!!!??

Comment

This is not a common issue! Maybe Sowa's ROM has this but I would have to see it to believe it.

One thing to be aware of. Improper SD Card ejection!!
      If you pull the thing out of your tablet or a PC without ejecting it properly through the menus, it will corrupt the SD Card (make the file system bad) and then the tablet will see it as read only until you fix it!

Plug it into a PC and do a disk tools repair on it. I bet windows finds it has problems. Then once fixed I bet it is not RO when plugged back in the tablet.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        This is not a common issue! Maybe Sowa's ROM has this but I would have to see it to believe it.

One thing to be aware of. Improper SD Card ejection!!
        If you pull the thing out of your tablet or a PC without ejecting it properly through the menus, it will corrupt the SD Card (make the file system bad) and then the tablet will see it as read only until you fix it!

Plug it into a PC and do a disk tools repair on it. I bet windows finds it has problems. Then once fixed I bet it is not RO when plugged back in the tablet.

Bob

Hi Bob

Only issue there is cards are always ejected correctly and they work perfectly in other devices...Only my Arnova 8 G2 has the issue... Also if it was one card then could have accepted it but so far its four cards (dif sizes and manufactures).. Already did the disk repair and no issues even ran it for the hell of it using scandisk and HP tools... And also why can I connect to pc etc and copy,delete and move files?but android os will not let me?
        Last edited by lohtse; 03-20-2012, 19:36.

Comment

Bummer.... must be some issue with Sowa's ROM then

Later I amy look into it for him since Sowa seems to be away for a bit.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Bummer.... must be some issue with Sowa's ROM then

Later I amy look into it for him since Sowa seems to be away for a bit.

Bob
            Thank you!!!

so annoying due to having all this lovely storage space on sdcards and not being able to really use them unless near a pc etc....At mo I have all data that does not require rewrite access on the cards(mp3s,films,maps,books etc) but all other data (eg android/data folder,locus,maverick folders) on the internal(virtual sdcard that appears when no card present) storage...Not ideal but only solution for now.

Comment

Working...
            X