Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible fix for people having problems/errors when flashing new firmwares with amlogic burning tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible fix for people having problems/errors when flashing new firmwares with amlogic burning tool

use USB Burn Tool v2.0.8 or whatever the newest is at the time

1. Ensure the android box is powered down and not plugged into anything (i.e. hdmi, no sd card in slot, no power cable, etc.)
    2. USB cable plugged into PC
    3. Start USB Burn tool and load image that you are going to burn. Make sure image is "verified" by the tool.
    4. Press Start on USB Burn Tool
    5. Insert USB cable
    6. Watch USB burn tool or listen for windows sound tone. You will see USB burn tool show connected and start flashing.
    7. Once USB burn tool has completed successful burn, stop tool and unplug usb from box.
    8. Should be good to go.

Give it a try and let us know.

Originally posted by gogeta View Post
    use USB Burn Tool v2.0.8 or whatever the newest is at the time

1. Ensure the android box is powered down and not plugged into anything (i.e. hdmi, no sd card in slot, no power cable, etc.)
    3. Start USB Burn tool and load image that you are going to burn. Make sure image is "verified" by the tool.
    4. Press Start on USB Burn Tool
    5. Insert USB cable
    6. Watch USB burn tool or listen for windows sound tone. You will see USB burn tool show connected and start flashing.
    7. Once USB burn tool has completed successful burn, stop tool and unplug usb from box.
    8. Should be good to go.

Give it a try and let us know.
    That might work but I got it working and recommend the following:

4. Insert USB cable while holding down the reset button
    5. Watch USB burn tool or listen for windows sound tone. You will see USB burn tool show connected.
    6. Press Start on USB Burn Tool and start flashing.
    8. Should be good to go.

Comment

Different boxes will have differing procedures for getting into the right mode. Some will require the use of the reset button and others not and using the correct port may also be key, as well their being potential issues at the PC end of things.

Personally I have never had an issue with having the HDMI cable plugged in and an external SD card present.

So each use may have it's own individual solution based upon the specific error encountered at any given time.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

tried this on my Mxq P212 s905x , no dice seems the device isnt detected

Comment

Working...
        X