Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PiPo M9 drop dead?

Hey!
    I had a PiPo M9 (WiFi) now for about 2-3 weeks and everything worked perfectly.
    No problems with rooting and installing ROMS ( i fixed that 2-3 days after i bought it)

I was playing some angry birds yesterday, and all of sudden i had VERY low battery, i put it on charge even if i recently took it from it.
    Then i noticed that the DC-connection in my tablet is "loose" , i needed to have the cable in a specific position for make it charge.
    Battery was fully charged but it said i had about 16 minutes left, and in 1 minute it dropped to 43% and only had 2 minutes of the battery left...
    I tried to calibrate the battery after it was fully charged (i let it charge for almost 10 hours) but there was no difference...

Anyways... i played some games later on and forgot about the position of the cable so the tablet died...It had a bootloop about 6 times and i was trying to put the cable correct for make it charge but i failed and the tablet died.
    Now it doesnt react at all, and unfortunally i don't know what the EXACTLY position is for the cable so i have been trying around but without success...

When i am connecting the USB to the computer it doens't react either, and i tried to push in RESET while holding the other buttoms as well, without success...
    I Don't know what to do , and i don't know what is wrong?
    I opened up my tablet carefully to see if i could see the problem but it is hard to do anything without knowledge about it....

I know that it has something to do with the DC-connection but i can also imagine that it has something to do with the batteries..
    If i need to change the batteries , what should i buy? And how should i do? I need a guide, walkthrough ,... i have been googling around , also on youtube, without any luck...

Anyone out there who can help me?

I am kinda desperate.. :/

Yes, the battery is COMPLETELY drained and now i can not charge or boot it up, it is refusing to charge and while connecting the usb to the computer nothing happens.. No reaction from either tablet or computer...
    ... No signal/light or reaction while trying to charge....

Sorry to hear you're having these problems with your M9. Now, some of it you might be able to remedy - some you might not.

I've seen reports of similar behaviour with the M8pro - not recharging after a "full discharge". The reason for this seem in most cases to be the batterys protective circuit tripping, to protect the battery from overdischarge. Normally, this should "release" again when the load is disconnected (tablet power down) and a charge is introduced the other way (plugging in the AC charger) - but it doesn't always work out that way. Some times these circuits can get "sticky", or just lock up permanently. I'll cross my fingers for you, hoping your case is not the latter.

What has helped some people in this - is disconnecting the battery from the mainboard for a few minutes - then reconnect it and try charging again. What I could see from 1 (small) picture of the opened M9, seems that the two battery wires are soldered on to the mainboard.

You'd need to take a 20w or less (or temperature controlled) soldering iron, and desolder the positive (red) wire from the mainboard. Resolder back on after a few minutes, and promptly try to charge it. If it works - don't disconnect it until its had atleast an hour charge - but ideally, recharge it fully while still off. Make sure you clean the tip first, and don't hold the soldering iron on the spot much longer than necessary - just so the solder flows and you get the wire in its place.

The charging socket could be a different story. I don't know about the soder connections on this one. You'd just need to have a close look at it and see if you can spot any loose soldering/legs. try to gently wiggle the socket - if there is no play, there's either internal damage to that or the plug in the charger.

I'd suggest you check the charging socket first. If this is broken and can't be easily fixed, you're possibly better off shipping the tablet back to the seller for repairs - as that bad connection will get worse with time. And if that can't be easily fixed, there's no point in doing the battery disconnecting bit yourself. If the seller sends it off to Pipo for repairs, they'll most likely change the whole battery assembly anyway.
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

I solded and fixed the DC-contact, it was loose, but there is a component missing and i am unsure what component it is, so i have a picture and hope someone can help me out....
      I'm a little unsure of what component that is missing, but it is backside off the mainboard, just below the dc connection.
      http://oi40.tinypic.com/ddm7fr.jpg

Comment

same problem here !

Originally posted by Stampelina View Post
        I solded and fixed the DC-contact, it was loose, but there is a component missing and i am unsure what component it is, so i have a picture and hope someone can help me out....
        I'm a little unsure of what component that is missing, but it is backside off the mainboard, just below the dc connection.
        http://oi40.tinypic.com/ddm7fr.jpg
        i have same problem as yours...i replaced the charging 5V socket and resoldered the tiny brown chip ( i think it's a capacitor picofarad range) the part almost escaped my watchful eyes ...mistaken its a dirt...hahaha...its the same brown chip in your picture i think you can get the part in scrap hard disk ( i dont think the part is critical for charging)...in my case the chip was dislodged by the center pin in the 5v charger socket...instead of resolder it i look for it in electronic stores and found one almost 1 dollar in US currency....my problem now is it works (the charging but no red LED indicator ) for almost 6 hours then it stops charging ...found out that the battery is drained...substituted a used Laptop battery (of course fully charged and verified 3.7 volts) power on the tablet and it open and works. Thats how i found the charger is not working anymore....up to now Im searching forums to solve this....I'm looking for data about this IC...8556LN or 855GLN...i think this is a charger regulator...not sure..maybe the solution is bypass it to charge the battery but it must auto off the charger so not to overcharge.
        Last edited by mikakimi; 10-02-2013, 08:23. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
        X