No announcement yet.

Bricked Box ... can it be revived?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of cable are you using if not male a to male a?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I'm using a USB male A to USB a male. I'm hoping its not a cable issue because I have no other source of cables to draw from to test.

Comment

I gave that so you see worldcup drivers. Uninstall the world cup drivers and reinstall them make sure your qbox is plugged in with the reset depressed and held. First time i did mine it wasnt and it went goofie. Hes the post on same issue someone else had post 24.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

It could be a cable issue looking at the error code, although if you have only 1 usb port on your PC then you don't have the chance to try another.

Can you get use of another PC to try or perhaps consider replacing the cable with something relatively cheap such as

https://www.amazon.ca/NEW-ft-USB-MALE-Cable-Cord/dp/B002ZKNRMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485020476&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+male+a+to+male+a

Comment

Hi all ...

Scooter, the WorldCup drivers have all been successfully installed. I have no problem making connection between the box and the computer. Always have been getting a connect success message in the tool. I don't know how to uninstall just the drivers to reinstall them without uninstalling the tool (which installed them in the first place). I've done this a dozen times now. I'm guessing the latest version I have installed now had better drivers as I've been able to get past the initial USB connection error.

Bluesmanuk ... I do have a PC that I have also been using without resolution. It has 3 accessible USB ports. I have installed v2.0.5.9 on it, and the drivers installed as well. Each port I tried, windows gave me the message the WordCup drivers had been successfully installed for that port. With all 3 ports on the PC, with both img files at my avail, all I ever get is 6 seconds in, 4% with that error.

I paid $15 for my USB cable LOL ... I would figure that was a good one. (All I could get was a USB 3 cable though ... could that be an issue?) With all the money (multiple USB cables, SD cards) and time, I could have purchased and received a new one from Amazon in the same time at only a few dollars more. Augh ... dedication! Maybe I can find someone to lend me a USB cable to try. I'd hate to buy another to discover I've wasted another $15.

Thanks all ... the commitment to helping me is great and appreciated!

Comment

That true. But from our trouble shooting we at disadvantage never know if pcb different then standard one. Qbox was finickie me too but after lot of attemps i re loaded driver and made sure it was in mask mode when first connect.

If usb worked on others the should be ok. I think driver issue. Try method on post 24 seem tool version helped him.

I know frustrating. We all been there one time or another.
              I also found having the tool running firmware before plug in helped.

Main issues flashing usb always this order.

Wrong firmware for device.
              Bad drivers
              wrong wifi chip
              faulty switch or not depressed and held when flashed
              Start up in normal mode drivers seen different.
              Bad cable.
              bad firmware down load.
              All fails then reset on main board short pins may be last try. (I always use that last resort.)
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi maxArk68 ,

did you ever tried a higher ToolVersion than 2.0.5.9 and 2.0.6.2 b2 i use 2.0.7.2 b2 and i have 2.0.5.15 if u want i can upload for trying.

Maybe u need USBDeview to uninstall all old USBDevice Entries ??? Run as Admin for Uninstall.

good Luck , nice Day

gefattern

Comment

These are the 5 versions of the tool that I have.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlu6kddbi4f5kd2/AMLogic%20Burning%20Tools.zip?dl=0

Comment

I have installed v2.0.7.2. The WorldCup driver installation was independent of the tool's installation, so I installed them successfully.
                    I;m getting the same 2% result ... "USB Control Setup Error" common with the majority of versions. The version of 2.0.5 I was using was .15 (I couldn't find any other).

I'm uninstalling as administrator.

Comment

Hi MaxArk68 ,

have u tried USBDeview ??? , uninstalling all or old Devices from the Device Tree. Reboot and try again.

Please try it once maybe it helps.

good Luck

gefattern

Comment

Hi gefattern. No, I haven't looked at that option yet. It's been busy here these past couple days, but I have time today. I'm not really sure what to expect with it fearing screwing up my computer in addition to my QBox lol.
                        The drivers I had assumed have been uninstalled along with the uninstallation of the burning tool. I have also discovered in the add/remove feature of windows 8.1 that I can uninstall the drivers independently of the application. I have been uninstalling the drivers from the uninstall application in the Program Menu as administrator

I am going to look for another USB cable today hoping to rule out a cable issue. I will also look at the USBDeview also.

I am leaning towards a damaged reset switch. It is the one common element to both failed SD card and USB Burning Tool processes which both fail.

Jen

Comment

Found another USB cable, still results with [0x10202003] Romcode / Lead UBOOT / Download UBOOT / Data transfer error.
                          I downloaded and executed USBDeview. This was what was found. When connected to the device, it had a green dot (enabled), and when disconnected, grey.

GX-CHIP WorldCup Device Vendor Specific Yes Yes No No 2017-01-23 10:36:45 AM 2017-01-21 11:26:25 AM 1b8e c003 0.20 ff 00 00 libusb0 libusb-win32 - Kernel Driver 02/23/2013 1.2.6.0 libusb0.sys Amlogic, Inc. 500 mA 2.00 WorldCup Device 1.2.6.0 LIBUSB_WIN32_DEV.NT oem42.inf USB\VID_1B8E&PID_C003\6&255cf964&1&1 Removable, SurpriseRemovalOK

Comment

Hi MaxArk68 ;

all these Entries can be uninstalled , after a Reboot only the actually connected Devices come back and all in the past connected Device Entries are gone.

I always used it if i had trouble with my Rockchip Devices to connect to Pc.

hope it helps

gefattern

Comment

Selected WorldCup driver from list in USBDeview, right click, uninstall drivers.
                              Restart computer.
                              USB Burner Tool started.
                              Plug in USB cable while simultaneously pressing reset switch on box.
                              Device recognized ... connection success.
                              Load file.
                              Press START
                              Error at 4% .... [0x10202003] Romcode / Lead UBOOT / Download UBOOT / Data transfer error.

Comment

Hi MaxArk68 ,

it looks like it is not a connection problem , if the Box always is recognised.

Is WordCup the only Entrie in USBDeview or are there more from other Devices to see ??? , if uninstall all and try again.

Geekbying has a new OBox Update on there Site , maybe this FW works ???

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ware-20160614/

good Luck

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                                X