Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any overheating and issues with X5?

HI,

I am looking to buy a replacement for my Roku. I was thinking about an MK908, but by the time you have the external hub, replacement power supply, etc you are close to the same price as an X5. In addition, the sticks seem to have heating issues that require mods. I really just want something that works without all the drama. So the question is are there overheating and stability issues with the X5?

Thanks,

Jerry

My X5 runs warm. I consider it normal. After sending back the first one for a dead Ethernet port, the second one is 100% stable. I have a running review on Amazon.

I suggest you buy one "Fullfilled by Amazon" and thoroughly test it. And don't hesitate to return it for any reason. As long as you get a good one, you won't be disappointed.

P.S. I tried two different sticks. Both worked but had problems and definitely ran uncomfortably hot. IMHO.
    Last edited by sweller; 07-17-2013, 17:12. Reason: Grammar.

Comment

Thanks sweller,

I am glad to hear that your are not experiencing a heating issue. Let's hope the X7 also does not experience any overheating.

The stick designs seem to have poor ventilation, so it no surprise that they get so hot.

Jerry

Comment

Very happy with my X7 after the latest firmware. With the older firmware, you have problem accessing CBS, etc.

Originally posted by jerrykur View Post
        Thanks sweller,

I am glad to hear that your are not experiencing a heating issue. Let's hope the X7 also does not experience any overheating.

The stick designs seem to have poor ventilation, so it no surprise that they get so hot.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X