Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP NEEDED: Firmware upgraded but no wifi or ethernet

I have an OTT TV Box MS8 - e b a y .com .au /itm/131561114226

I upgraded the firmware with the file http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...8s-tv-box.html

The firmware has loaded however when I go into settings the wifw says "please turn the wifi on". It is definitely on. As such the box cannot "see" any wifi signals.

Any help in fixing this very annoying issue would be greatly appreciated.

The box also does not recognise the Ethernet connection,saying it is not connected.

I opened the box and see that the the wireless chip is Realtek RTL8723BS Combo Module (SDIO). If there are drivers for this chip / box is it possible to flash them through TWRP?
    Last edited by Pad00; 01-28-2017, 06:16.

Anyone?

Comment

Get this working? I have an M8S and I'd like to run Android 5.

Comment

Still no solution to get WiFi or Ethernet working

Comment

I have the same issue

Comment

without understanding how to alter uboot's dtb file the best thing you can do is try some other firmware... usually when hardware things like wifi or bluetooth or ethernet dont work but everything else does it means the firmware you've flashed has the wrong device tree info for your hardware... thats usually caused by clone boxes that have different hardward then the original box so you need to find a better suited firmware file... I use linux exclusively and don't use Android so i am not sure what all the options are to fix this type of problem within the Android OS... I just no from a firmware point uboot and the kernel require a dtb file that contains the proper hardware description for the board. Ive easily done a couple hundred M8S boxes from Eny over the years and when i get clones from my customers that don't work thats how i fix them when i pul linux on them...

Comment

Working...
            X