Any 905X box running on 2.0 GHz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 905X box running on 2.0 GHz?

Has anyone measured real 2.0 GHz running on Amlogic S905X box?
    All boxes that I know (except Xiaomi Mi Box International) run at max 1.5GHz only, therefore have either a firmware lockup, or something not understandable...
    BTW there is a lot of performance difference between 1.5 and 2.0GHz!

The SOC itself can only run at 1.5. Amilogic was (shocked!) lying when they said it was 2 gig.

Comment

CPU-Z on mine reports 2.02ghz and says it's clocking up to 2ghz but it obviously must be lying. Either way it's fairly quick at doing stuff.
      "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post
          CPU-Z on mine reports 2.02ghz and says it's clocking up to 2ghz but it obviously must be lying. Either way it's fairly quick at doing stuff.
          Which one is this?
          CPU Monitor and CPU Spy Reloaded can definitively measure running frequencies, and therefore are correct.

Comment

Od all boxes which came on my hands to try them, only the Xiaomi Mi box (US version) had full 2GZ running. It's logical since this processor was possibly made for them to be able to support VP9.
            I guess there is a "trick" with low cost boxes running 905X (and S912) only up to 1.5GHz (cheaper processors, not capable to run at 2.0GHz).

Comment

Originally posted by tomsag View Post

Which one is this?
              CPU Monitor and CPU Spy Reloaded can definitively measure running frequencies, and therefore are correct.
              CPU-Z works well on pc's but I'm not sure about the android port. I have the x96 running xannytechs rom and it reports 2.02ghz and monitors that it clocks that high every so often. Will look into it with the other monitoring tools.

CPU Spy Reloaded says it ran at 2016mhz for 2.2 seconds. I rebooted and it said it again so I'm wondering is it falsely reported still or does it run at full speed just during boot for 2.2 seconds.

Comment

If you read the linked article it will answer your questions about the lying that Amilogic has done.

Please don’t waste your valuable time.
                All the Coretex-A53 based Amlogic SoCs have the same issue. S905, S905 Rev-C(S905H), S905X and even S912.
                The kernel clock frequency 1.75 and 2Ghz do not exist in the BL3x blobs.
                It must be Amlogic’s fault. But we should detect it earlier in our internal development stage. Really sorry about that mistake.

We’ve been modifying/testing the BL3x code to find a maximum feasible/stable clocks like 1.53Ghz, 1.58Ghz, 1.61Ghz, 1.65Ghz, 1.68Ghz, 1.71Ghz, etc for a couple of weeks.
                But 1.65Ghz seems to be the maximum one due to some power and heat issues. We will run the burnA53 on Ubuntu and the Stress app on Android with 10 set of C2 boards in this weekend (for 48 hours stability test) to make sure it.
                Once we will have a test result, we will report it on this thread with update package for further sampling test in early next week.

If we disable two cores, the SoC can run up to 1.75Ghz probably. But we need further stability test too.
                And yes. I fully agree most people don’t like this approach.

Anyway, we know well 1.65Ghz or 1.75Ghz is still very far from the 2Ghz. So we will change the C2 specification in our home page next week as per the test result.
                And we must consider some compensation for C2 users. But we need to check what we can do first.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake and kindly understand our situation.

Comment

I read that yeah and I believe it does only run at 1.5ghz. Just saying what mine's reporting since people asked. I seen that any speeds anywhere near 2ghz were supposed to be either unstable or didn't even give any advantage due to the architecture.

Comment

I have a nexbox a5 running a custom rom and verifying the cpu speed through cpuz, tells me I'm running as high as 2016 mhz. And if cpuz says it ...I believe it I also have a overclock app and it lets me set it as high as 2016 mhz.

Comment

I get over 33,000 score on antutu benchmark...it also reports my cpu speed as 2016 mhz

Comment

Here is screen shot of cpuz on my nexbox a5
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here is screenshot of cpu management app. I set the parameters as such...everything works quick and stable
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91
                            I read that yeah and I believe it does only run at 1.5ghz. Just saying what mine's reporting since people asked. I seen that any speeds anywhere near 2ghz were supposed to be either unstable or didn't even give any advantage due to the architecture.
                            How to get latest play store using lucky patcher? Thx

Comment

No matter what speeds these apps report, the kernel ignores anything above 1.5. When these statements are coming from a LEGIT manufacturer of Android boxes that use the S905X processor, I would believe their words over an app. It's not that hard to cheat in benchmarks and speed reports, as we've seen on the PC side with NVIDIA and ATI cheating in the past. Considering NO ONE in the odroid forums has been able to get their boxes running 2 gig, even with active cooling, you're not running at 2 gig. The chipset is lying to your software. http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.ph...3044&start=250

Comment

Working...
                              X