Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally bricked my R68II - help needed

Hi, guys.

I've totally bricked my R68II box and need some guidance about the most radical unbricking technique.
    To make a long story short - I've Tried to flash SuperCeleron's V7 with TWRP, got the famous error7, tried to alter the image to overcome it (yes, it was dumb, I know and admit), managed to make TWRP to begin flashing, after it finished it asked to reboot and now my box is totally dead.

When I power it on there is a white front led and nothing more - not even a video output. There is no way to enter recovery, neither the original one nor TWRP from USB as I did before.
    PC can't see it either (through the male-to-male cable).

I wanted to try to disassemble it and short - circuit a NAND pins as a last measure, but can't find any instructions for that...

Hope somebody can help me, as I'm quite desperate to fix this on my own.

Thanks.

I have currently the same problem with an Alfawise H96 pro + (4k H96 pro +). No more reaction.

Comment

Ok, sorry to hear I'm not alone with this. Probably the box is gone for good, but let's see, if somebody will help me to find a way I'll post it here.

Comment

search for stock .img flash via pc with amlogic burning tool

Comment

Ok, I've solved the problem, so here is a short guide for reviving a hard - bricked device (worked for me with R68II, at least).

1. Run on your PC the "AMLogic USB Burning Tool" and load it with a full flash image (I've used the SuperCeleron's V7, but stock shall go too).
          2. Select "Erase All" AND "Erase Bootloader" and press "Start"
          3. Connect the box to PC using a Male-to-Male USB Cable (only USB, don't plug to power supply yet) (just connect it, no reset button holding is needed). Nothing happens,
          4. Connect the box to power supply

That's it, PC recognised the box immediately and succesfully flashed it.

Hopefully it might help with other hard-bricked boxes.

Enjoy and let others know if it worked for you.
          Last edited by tltester; 01-30-2017, 14:55.

Comment

Working...
          X