Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanix TX5 Box won't go any further than boot logo. Completely Lost.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix TX5 Box won't go any further than boot logo. Completely Lost.

I've got the Tanix TX5 Box - the non-"pro" version. Up until about 12 hours ago, I had it running nicely on the latest version of Libreelec. For a very specific reason, I wanted to re-flash it back to a "normal" Android OS so I could install some particular apps to use for a few months.

I googled for "Tanix TX5 firmware" and selected the 2GB/8GB version I thought best fitted my box. Booted in to TWRP and did the necessary wipe but it reported that the firmware was incorrect and that my box was the "Nexbox A95X".

So I started googling around for the appropriate firmware for that and I found one. It actually flashed and booted ok, but the remote didn't work. So, in my infinite wisdom, i decided to keep looking for firmware where the remote would work rather than actually trying to find a direct solution to the remote issue as i could well have maybe found the correct file to copy across.

My fatal mistake came when I tried to flash a firmware on to the wrong partition in TWRP and assumed i had to free up some space, so did some of the more 'advanced' wipes and essentially formatted the box from inside TWRP. I was aware of this, and the consequences, but took care to make sure i still remained inside TWRP .. until we had a power cut.

Now, my box boots to a "Nexbox A95X" logo and just stops dead.

I've tried the USB Burning Tool with over half a dozen firmwares and it always gets to 5 seconds and errors with ""[0x00101004]Erase Bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result""

I've tried it on every USB port on my desktop and had the same error each time. I connect it via the OTG port on the box and still get "Connect Success" each time, but nothing flashes. I've tried about five versions of the USB Burning Tool as well.

I've tried to make a bootable SD card with various firmwares as well and nothing boots.

I don't think i've bricked it because it powers on to the boot logo and i don't think i've wiped TWRP either but I'm just lost. I can't see a way around this to recover it - I can't remember the firmware i found earlier that worked, but even if i did, i don't have a method of getting it on to the box.

I appreciate this might be a bit long and might not make a lot of sense but if anyone has any bright ideas, i'd be very grateful. Thankyou.

I'm just reading that newer versions of the firmware disabled the ability to boot from SD card which could explain why that aspect isn't working, although it's now got me worried that the box is beyond saving if i can't find an img file that will work in the usb burning tool.

Comment

I suppose the moral of the story is that you should always walk away for a few hours if things aren't going to plan

Just been reading around and stumbled upon the rather salient piece of information that said that to get the USB Burning tool to work, you need to have imported the particular image and pressed start FIRST before attaching the box.

Did that and the firmware burnt to the box first time without an issue and the box has now been fully restored - with the remote working as well

I'll leave this up here for future reference as i don't doubt i'll screw it up again somewhere down the line !

Comment

Working...
      X