Ethernet cable for 1000mbps speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet cable for 1000mbps speed

Recently saw an ad about 1000mbps supported android , wanted to check whether the speed is based on Ethernet cable or varies by box.
    Using nexbox a95x 2/8 with xanny custom rom and connected via Ethernet cable.

All my 4K streams are buffering constantly, please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe your box only supports 10/100 ethernet.
    Could be other factors involved if only recent.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Actual speeds can depend on many factors, network, router etc and including some outside of your control when streaming from a remote source.

Cat5 supports to 100Mbps and Cat5e up to 1000mbos.

But even if you have only 100Mbps, use a Cat5e cable because the length and quality of cable construction can mean that you never quite get the full benefit, so with a Cable that supports gigabit as a maximum, you know that it will easily max out any capability of a 100Mbps box.

Some Android boxes that are also advertised as being gigabit are only so in terms of the physical connection but don't really get that close to the theoretic maximum afforded by the specification.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk
        Actual speeds can depend on many factors, network, router etc and including some outside of your control when streaming from a remote source.

Cat5 supports to 100Mbps and Cat5e up to 1000mbos.

But even if you have only 100Mbps, use a Cat5e cable because the length and quality of cable construction can mean that you never quite get the full benefit, so with a Cable that supports gigabit as a maximum, you know that it will easily max out any capability of a 100Mbps box.

Some Android boxes that are also advertised as being gigabit are only so in terms of the physical connection but don't really get that close to the theoretic maximum afforded by the specification.
        Thanks let me try cat5e cable and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X