Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXIII-G suddenly turn-off automatically.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXIII-G suddenly turn-off automatically.

I've got my MXIII-G (2GBram/8GBrom, android 5.1, S812) since about 1 year and it worked always without any problem.
    2 days ago, while I'm mirroring my smartphone screen on the TV box by using Miracast, suddenly the MXIII-G turned off automatically.

since this moment I tried to turn it on again and again, always unsuccesfully: every time I press the ON/OFF button on the box, the box turn on, the blue led lights, the "google TV" starting screen appears on the TV, but 5/10 seconds after the box automatically turn off.

Already I tried to deconnect all the cables and then to reconnect them and to turn on the box, but so I can't fix the problem.

Also I tried to deconnect the power supply for some hours and then to reconnect it and to turn on the box, but the box still turn off.

Also I tried to turn on the box after extracting the sd card, but the problem isn't fixed.

Really I can't understand what's happened nor how to do to solve the problem.

Is there someone who have had the same problem already and fixed it someway? someone coul help me?

Hello TKN, Welcome to Freaktab.
    I don't own this box. First thing I would try is a substitute power supply. Power supplies have proven a weakness with some. Make sure the substitute is a match to the original in volts(DC), TIP POLARITY and type, and amps should be equal or greater.

Comment

thanks RISCy Dude, today is sunday and electronics shop are closed in my town, but tomorrow I'll search for a new PSU and I'll try it on.
      I'll write here if I fix the problem or not.

MXIII-G are the best-seller box of Droid Smart (a very known Android TV-boxes'seller in UK) but it's still possible to buy it HERE on Amazon as on Banggood, Gearbest and in many bay-stores....
      Some time ago I was looking at the device-specifications (in the settins tab) and I remember that there's written that the manufacturer is NETXEON...

Comment

Hey TKN, did you fixed the device issue cuz i have same problem with same device and i know what to do.

Comment

Hi max,
          no, I'm still having the problem. In the past days I search on the web again and again for fixing this issue but I haven't found anyone who have had the same problem (until now) and who can give me the solution.
          Really I can't understand what happened... One second before I was mirroring on the TV a footage that I was playing on my smartphone and one second after the TV BOX shut down. since that moment I started having this damned issue.
          If you'll find a fix could you kindly help me please?

Also I tried to use a different power supply with the same elecronic features of the original one, but it can't fix the issue. Also I tried to use the original power supply to power another MXIII-G owned by one of my friends and it turned on without problems, then I can state definitely that the problem isn't caused by the power supply.

Comment

Hello everyone,
            Until now every attempt to solve the problem had not given positive results. I'm still to be unable to restart the box properly.
            Yesterday I was working on another device (a MXQ Pro+) which has other kind of problems and all them have been fixed by flashing a new rom with burning tool method.

So, before throwing the device into the trash I would try to reflash the firmware of the MXIII-G with the same method, but I can't find the right one to download. In fact searching on the web for the firmware I find different versions and all the post released for each firmware was talking about after-flash problems.
            Moreover, now the only thing that I know for sure about my device (without be able to turn it on and reach the main screen) is that it's a already rooted MXIII-G with chipset S812 and 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM and was always running Android 5.1.
            On the white label on the bottom of the case there's written the following code: "S/N: Q812AACF51491 2G"

Is here someone who succesfully flashed this device before without having any after-flash device malfunctions (stability problems, wifi problems, mac problems, turning on problems, RC problems, or what else...) ?
            Is here someone who can help me and give me the right firmware pack for my device?

Please help me

Comment

There are numbers on the board that may help you find the firmware that is correct for your device. For instance, model, revision number and date. While you are inside, note the model of the WiFi module as well. Post all of that info here, pictures of the board may also help.

Some Amlogic boxes, without using a power supply, will boot when their OTG port is connected to a PC's USB port. You could try this to rule out a power jack problem. Note: Disconnect unneeded USB accessories for this test.

I wish I had better suggestions.
              Good luck.

Comment

it may be a good idea, but I'm watching at the box and I'm wondering....how to open it ?!? ...I can't see any screw to unscrew...

Comment

I don't own this box, so I am reluctant to offer disassembly advice.

I have a different box that maybe similar, so I'll tell you what I did to open it.

Disconnect everything from the box.
                  If the box has four rubber pads on the bottom, lift one and check for a screw. If no screw, keep the box upside down. You will notice a seam between the bottom case section and the top(main) case section.
                  This is what I did on my similar box, inserting a guitar pick or similar tool into the seam and slowly working it around the seam and prying a little, will allow the sections to be separated.
                  Tip: To make inserting the guitar pick a bit easier, gently squeeze two corners of the top section, this will create a small gap in which you can start to insert the pick.
                  Tip: If no guitar pick is available, you can also use the corner of an old credit card, but the card will be damaged, so make sure you don't need it.

Exercise caution when running the pick through the port sections, don't insert the pick to deep.

Once you get the case open, there will be 4-5 screws attaching the circuit board to the case's top section. If you remove them, the board can be removed from the case.
                  Caution: The Antenna will be attached to the case and circuit board, exercise care not to damage the assembly when removing the board. There is usually a couple of inches of length to the antenna cable, so keep in mind when moving the board around.

Comment

Originally posted by TKN View Post
                    it may be a good idea, but I'm watching at the box and I'm wondering....how to open it ?!? ...I can't see any screw to unscrew...

Follow what RISCy Dude has said

Disconnect everything from the box.
                    If the box has four rubber pads on the bottom, lift one and check for a screw. If no screw, keep the box upside down. You will notice a seam between the bottom case section and the top(main) case section.
                    This is what I did on my similar box, inserting a guitar pick or similar tool into the seam and slowly working it around the seam and prying a little, will allow the sections to be separated.
                    Tip: To make inserting the guitar pick a bit easier, gently squeeze two corners of the top section, this will create a small gap in which you can start to insert the pick.
                    Tip: If no guitar pick is available, you can also use the corner of an old credit card, but the card will be damaged, so make sure you don't need it.

Exercise caution when running the pick through the port sections, don't insert the pick to deep.

This video may also help (Notice that I am only inserting the tip of the metal ruler 2MM max)

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Working...
                    X