Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpack boot.img recovery.img and bootloader.img

Hello, I'm new to freaktab.com,

my first question is: Is it possible to unpack the recovery.img and bootloader.img and boot.img from my Intenso Tab 814 aka Prestigio PMP5580C?

I recived the .img by doing the following:

Code:
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0 of=/storage/sdcard0/bootloader.img
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd3 of=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd4 of=/storage/sdcard0/boot.img
    These .img files are using a own technology, it's a 8527 amlogic tablet, so this make things complicated. Please help me the needed files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jg1z1zi6...deTxvdUna?dl=0

I'm really sad that I'm not possible to get these files opened, I flashed the files also back to see if they work, and they do,

Thank you really much.

Originally posted by Tablethacker View Post
    Hello, I'm new to freaktab.com,

my first question is: Is it possible to unpack the recovery.img and bootloader.img and boot.img from my Intenso Tab 814 aka Prestigio PMP5580C?

I recived the .img by doing the following:

Code:
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0 of=/storage/sdcard0/bootloader.img
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd3 of=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd4 of=/storage/sdcard0/boot.img
    These .img files are using a own technology, it's a 8527 amlogic tablet, so this make things complicated. Please help me the needed files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jg1z1zi6...deTxvdUna?dl=0

I'm really sad that I'm not possible to get these files opened, I flashed the files also back to see if they work, and they do,

Thank you really much.
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/cu...plus-etc.4136/ found this thread ,maybe it will do the job
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Thanks for your reply tattman65 I downloaded the CustomizationTool_setup_v2.0.3.zip but I'm still unable to extract the contents the program shows a dialoge "Unpack F:/backup_offiziel/recovery.img failed, i tried also the other img but it doesn't work,

Thanks for further help.

You may have recognized that there is no 1F8B0 code for gzip in the images, they have a different technology?
      Last edited by Tablethacker; 02-05-2017, 20:39.

Comment

I am not very familiar with amlogic devices . maybe neomode would be able to point you in the right direction
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Let me check I think you need a newer Version of the amlogic tool.
          then it will work maybe.
          Are you familiar with Linux also?

Regards
          Neomode

Comment

neomode Oh yes I'm really familiar with Linux. I'm almost going to compile a new kernel for my tablet, so this would be awesome to have the source code of the boot, recovery and bootloader image, thanks for further help.

Comment

OK that's perfect. I will upload you the aml Linux tool later that day. With this you can unpack it.

Neomode

Comment

Wow that's great! I appreciate your help! I'll wait for your tools then, and try them.

I told the wrong Amlogic release number my tablet is a:

Amlogic MX (also known as AML8726-M6) - Dual-core ARM Cortex A9-based SoC with ARM Mali-400 MP2 GPU, released in 2012 on a 40 nm process
                Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amlogic
                Last edited by Tablethacker; 02-06-2017, 17:32.

Comment

I'll go now to bed, so I'll download your files after + 8 hours, I'll start the files downloading then after I stand up.
                  I'm from Germany. For me I'll download the tools tomorrow.

Comment

You should use older tools, for amlogic M3. If you google amlogic uImage you will find a couple of options.

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...logic-boot-img

My mkbootimg is also a wrong version it shows that the data load adress is 8000x8000 but the file isnßt that bis, I need the mkbootimg tools from amlogic to get the right positions of the header and so on this is probably why I looked the wring way, I was searching for 8000:8000 but nothing, which is really strange, another versions should help, someone can upload amlogic mkimgtools, whit them I should get proper information about what is where and can unpack them.

Comment

neomode For what amlogic SoC's do you have their tools? I sent an email to the amlogic.com support and asked them what tool I have to use, or if they can provide me the tool.

Comment

heh almost seems counter-productive that mkbootimg is compiled specifically for certain offsets. ultimately adding another arg to the main(argc argv) params for offset would be optimal. i currently dont have the tools but i may start investigating the tools soon as well to decompile the .img files... ultimately the source is open and a toolchain can be found in the termux apt repo if you dont want to wait. i know that isnt much help but might be a thought you over looked.

Comment

redhate It would be cool where the termux apt repo is, link?

It looks like I won't be able to program that tablet, http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/08/...8-source-code/

I'm beginning to hate the amlogic devices

The source code *must* be opensource, but ... I need the tools to do that

Comment

Is it true that the .img are containing an instructions for the SoC (Prozessor) A9 Cortex? This is the reason why the files aren't only containing the kernel they are containing also instructions for the SoC, true?

I found toolsnhere for my Amlogix 8726-MX: http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/do.../ARM/customer/

+ for the bootloader.img probably: http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/download/ARM/u-boot/

Is anyone willing to help me and get the files (delete out with the tools the processor instructions first) then It must be able to get the gz ramdisk and gz kernel from the img which arenßt containing the processor (amlogic SoC processor instructions).

I trie to $ make (clar the $ stand for normal user (non-root)) but It returns alot of errors, can anyone "make" the two aml_uboot.... or the aml_customer... get working under Linux,

Thanks in advance <Im pretty sure that the 4.9 MB file will stip off the amlogic (SoC) processor instructions, after that there will be a img containing kernel and ramdisk in nirmal gz format.

Is my idea reality, or isn't it true?

Comment

Working...
                              X