Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choppy video

Hello.
    I got the Imito QX1. Very nice hardware, WiFi working great, smooth in menus and overall operations.
    BUT
    The video playback is UNACCEPTABLE. VERY CHOPPY.
    I installed the FPS Meter app. In movie playback the frame rate jumps from 20 fps to 30 fps. Frames are dropped like crazy. On fast action movies this chippy playback gave me headaches. If I move the mouse the frame rate jumps to 60fps and playback is OK. But I have to move the mouse constantly.
    This phenomenon is not present in the much cheaper Ricomagic 802IIIs.
    On 4.1.1 is not that noticeable, but without USB hub support is useless.
    Did you guys notice that ?

Yes, my the same result. Need to be fix.

Comment

I can't understand why these quad-core sticks seem to have trouble playing video.

Comment

It seems that Strauzo solved choppy video problem for other rk3188 devices. Check Tronsmart t428 f.i.

Comment

What app are you using? I use mx player on the qx1 and no issues at all. You definitely need a player that uses the graphic accelerator. I'm using 4.2 in full hd mode.

Comment

Originally posted by corb555 View Post
            What app are you using? I use mx player on the qx1 and no issues at all. You definitely need a player that uses the graphic accelerator. I'm using 4.2 in full hd mode.
            Same here. MXplayer is working fine. No choppy video at all. TS: Which rom/apps do you use?

Comment

I use mx player, but 720p playback (icefilms) is a bit choppy (just not as smooth as it should be... watchable, but a little bit stuttering) ... What could that be? The wifi, or choppy video playback?
              Imito QX1
              leolasROM-qx1-1.5 (30-10-2013)

kernel_leolas_qx1_1080p_vsfsam_cpu1800_ddr720_gpu7 98_qx1-wifi
              XBMC XAF build (12.1)
              Tronsmart TS-01 airmouse
              Powered USB hub

Comment

Originally posted by Shoarma1998 View Post
                I use mx player, but 720p playback (icefilms) is a bit choppy (just not as smooth as it should be... watchable, but a little bit stuttering) ... What could that be? The wifi, or choppy video playback?
                I think that if you play the same file locally, on a USB stick or an SD card, you should see that the problem is related to your wifi.

Otherwise - Finless' upcoming rom with Leolas' kernel is reported to eliminate stuttering video quality overall. But it wouldn't be able to overcome a wifi problem of course.

Comment

Thanks for your post! I've tried the latest Leolas rom ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post84167 ) and indeed the playback is great. Also streaming 720P and 1080P youtube movies.

Which setting do you reckon, I have to use for MX player? SW , HW, HW+ ? Which version of XBMC do you guys have installed?
                  Imito QX1

XBMC XAF build (12.1)
                  Tronsmart TS-01 airmouse
                  Powered USB hub

Comment

Originally posted by Shoarma1998 View Post
                    Thanks for your post! I've tried the latest Leolas rom ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post84167 ) and indeed the playback is great. Also streaming 720P and 1080P youtube movies.

Which setting do you reckon, I have to use for MX player? SW , HW, HW+ ? Which version of XBMC do you guys have installed?
                    I use HW and always found HW+ doesn't work well, but to be fair to the MX devs, they state it won't work on some hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
                      I use HW and always found HW+ doesn't work well, but to be fair to the MX devs, they state it won't work on some hardware.
                      Thanks!
                      Imito QX1

XBMC XAF build (12.1)
                      Tronsmart TS-01 airmouse
                      Powered USB hub

Comment

Working...
                      X