Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great job!

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
    Remote control does work in HFW version 1.2.2 but not completely. Some key press doesn't generate scan codes (e.g. keys 1-9 and colored) and some scan codes are associated with wrong android key codes (MENU, HOME, RETURN). The second one can be quite easily repaired with proper change in configuration file (/system/usr/keylayout/rkxx-remotectl.kl) but first issue can be corrected only with kernel compilation as stated in this post.
    Hello All,

I just registered to send my big thanks to all the developers, and also the people reporting bugs thus helping remediation of all issues.

I bought something differently named, but exactly same hardware from Pandawill, HI718. It is black and has the same remote as pictured some comment ago. Installed 1.2.2 1080p firmware, and it is working nicely for me, I have no unexpected reboots so far, I was able to complete Antutu (3.x and also the new 4.something). XBMC also runs okay (downloaded one from xbmchub.com), I am playing back files from my Windows HTPC via standard Windows SMB share.

My Logitech MK250 Keyboard and mouse works fine, it just not hide the soft keyboard when I am using it. Original remote works partially, as I am no longer able to turn on mouse mode

I also have a RC11 airmouse-keyboard combo which has a tendency to switch off mouse mode, but that is unrelated as it does the same on my PC too.

Both wired and wireless ethernet works too. I found a funny issue with Play Store when you set update only on Wifi it literally means it, so it does not do anything on wired however that supposed to be free too, but it indefinitely waited for connection until I realized that.

Only thing that bothered me with these Android sticks and boxes (this is my 3rd so far) that shutdown does not seems to work, it simply reboots its. I assume developers already working on it and I am not worrying

My plan is to use it as a terminal client for my HTPC (2x Client works nicely, but mouse cursor is enormous in android), so I can replace the old Dell D600 that I am typing on now, and occasionally use it as a mediaplayer. Web browsing works, but I still feel that it is faster via a terminal than in any browser I've tried so far.

I also downloaded the latest Wasser kernels, but haven't had time yet to try those.

Keep up the good work, I really appreciate your enthusiasm and excellence!

Edit:
    I have not seen any screen issues so far (no weird pixels etc). Using the original cable with a female-female extender to a standard HDMI cable to my fullHD Philips TV, plus used the same method to my monitor via hdmi-DVI cable and 720p only. HDMI Audio also worked on the TV, sadly my monitor is not HDMI sound compatible (ordered a new one, will get it next week)
    Last edited by geofreak; 09-05-2013, 21:18. Reason: additonal report

Comment

logcat spam and Google Calendar - problem

Originally posted by geofreak View Post
      I have not seen any screen issues so far (no weird pixels etc). Using the original cable with a female-female extender to a standard HDMI cable to my fullHD Philips TV, plus used the same method to my monitor via hdmi-DVI cable and 720p only. HDMI Audio also worked on the TV, sadly my monitor is not HDMI sound compatible (ordered a new one, will get it next week)
      I've especially bought Android Box and not cheeper "stick" because it has analog audio out. But as far as I know it only work out of the box in original firmware and HFW version prior to 1.2.1. To use analog output in HFW v 1.2.2 you should flash newer kernel from wasser as I did.

Right now my biggest concern with this ROM is Google Calendar not working. I cannot add new events or even read/sync with my calendar(s). To remedy this I tried to install it as system app (/system/app) and even wipe NAND and internal storage (factory reset). Anybody know what to try next?

Second encountered problem is that there is a lot of "spam" in logcat:
      E/SurfaceFlinger( 91): eventControl(0, 1) failed Operation not permitted
      E/hwcomposer( 91): RK_FBIOSET_VSYNC_ENABLE err=-1

There is propably fix for it but it require to recompile kernel:

As for random soft restart (and some short term freezes) I've got quite a lot of them but after flash wipe non so far. I think that might be associeted with "too much" changes in system setting e.g. language, wallpaper (I had got live one) and especially in "Developer Options" (guilty as charge ;]).

P.S. I've put newest kernel version available to general public from wasser dated as 28 of August. Therefor some of my problems might not be encountered by all with HFW v 1.2.2.
      Last edited by Gormar; 09-06-2013, 13:09.
      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
      bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
        The new 1080p/720p/480p kernels and the kernel modules are uploaded. I built several drivers (like cifs/ntfs/bt/usb network driver) as modules to keep the kernel small due to better performance. So i strong recommend to use the my new kernel modules.The kernel-1080p supports 24hz/25Hz/30Hz.http://d-h.st/wS5 http://d-h.st/4Su
        @wasser Thank you so much for your kernels and module. However when I try to flash your kernel_1080p image with KRBatchtool it shows firmware download failed. I am currently using V1.2.2_1080p on CS918. Could you kindly provide some guide on how to use or install your kernel and modules. Thanking you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by prism View Post
          Could you kindly provide some guide on how to use or install your kernel and modules. Thanking you in advance.
          I don't have time now to write complete guide but I can give you some tips.
          Use driver from HFW.
          Use RKAndroid tool at least verison 1.37 not RKBatch. You will find it in google or Finless Bob newer firmwares. Then follow incuded instruction in ReadMe.txt or something like that. But do not install drivers again.
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

I don't have time now to write complete guide but I can give you some tips.
            Use driver from HFW.
            Use RKAndroid tool at least verison 1.37 not RKBatch. You will find it in google or Finless Bob newer firmwares. Then follow incuded instruction in ReadMe.txt or something like that. But do not install drivers again.
            @Gormar, Indeed thank you for your prompt response. Manage to install kernel but still trying to figure out how to install .ko modules. Any hints?
            In setting, any clues what is xbmc download and what is it meant for?

I must say the ROM is awesome!!

Comment

in next firmware ver HDMI/SPDIF passtrought working 100%.
              update in next week
              Last edited by lewy20041; 09-07-2013, 14:06.
              Everything is possible if we work together!
              ApkFreak

Comment

It will be appreciated by many. Thank you for your hard work.

At the moment I'm testing stability od this firmware and I must say that after some problems few days ago now after factory reset it's looking very good. But to be safe I lowered CPU OC from 1,8GHz to nominal clock (1,6GHz) and didn't change to many configuration options. Just these which I had too . I think that to OC this puppy it needs heatsink on CPU. Any suggestions?

BTW. Does Google Calendar not work only for me or it is one of the problems in this firmware? It was suprise that it wasn't installed by default.

Comment

Originally posted by prism View Post
                  Manage to install kernel but still trying to figure out how to install .ko modules. Any hints?
                  The easiest way to install kernel modules it is to copy them into system partition. To do so you must remount it for RW operation. Go to terminal and type:
                  su
                  mount -o remount,rw /system
                  Then copy new unzipped modules into /system/lib/modules. After that do not forget to remount /system into RO mode.

But from my expirience this whole opperation isn't necessary. Primarly because not all kernel modules are included into zip archive supplied by wasser. You can even say these are optional/additional. The only one used/loaded at boot is ntfs.ko but to my utmost suprise it isn't necesary to support R/W operation on NTFS USB pendrive. Therefor it must be included into kernel. Maybe it wasn't the case before.
                  Last edited by Gormar; 09-07-2013, 16:15.

Comment

new release

Hello Lewy,

Will this new release be based on the SDK 2 or just 1.2.2 existing sdk 1 ???

Just Checking ...

Keep up the good work ...

Michael T.

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                    in next firmware ver HDMI/SPDIF passtrought working 100%.
                    update in next week
                    3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                    CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                    Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                    Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

sdk1.
                      maby i will use some sdk2 files.
                      ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                        sdk1.
                        maby i will use some sdk2 files.
                        Will the other HFW ROMs be updated as well?
                        NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                        NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                        Buy me a beer?

Comment

yes
                          ApkFreak

Comment

Image resolution is 100% 1080p but just after instalation HDMI output is set to 720p-60. Go to Settings -> Screen and choose apropriate HDMI mode. As you go there try to set Screen Scale to your liking or need.

Big icons and text are associated with high dpi value (240) in /system/build.prop file.
                            No, i mean that in 1.2.2-1080p firmware i have only max 1280х720 resolution in screen settings. I don't see 1920x1080 option
                            But my monitor supports resolutions up to 1920x1200

Analog audio doesn't work in HFW v. 1.2.2. You need newer kernel from wasser. You can get it there. Then you can write it to the box with RKAndroidTool (at least version 1.37). Follow included instructions but remember to flash only proper kernel.
                            Thanks a lot, after flashing new kernel Analog sound work well!

Comment

bad EDID parser

Originally posted by James.V.Kotov View Post
                              I mean that in 1.2.2-1080p firmware I have only max 1280х720 resolution in screen settings. I don't see 1920x1080 option
                              But my monitor supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
                              I'm afraid that you encountered quite well known problem with EDID parser when monitor has 16:10 screen proportion. Look here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...EDID#post89590

It can be only corrected by changes in kernel.

Comment

I'm afraid that you encountered quite well known problem with EDID parser when monitor has 16:10 screen proportion. Look here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...EDID#post89590

It can be only corrected by changes in kernel.
                                Oh. It seems that you are right. I try to test on another monitor with true 1920x1080 resolution.

But tell me please, is there pathched kernel for downloading, or i need to patch them myself? I newer do it yet & i am afraid that finally i get brick'ed device

Comment

Working...
                                X