Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venz V10 (not the Pro Version) is bricked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venz V10 (not the Pro Version) is bricked.

Hi, I am new in this forum. I joined because while updating from usb (using the on screen menu) I managed to brick my device. it now starts (I can see a blue light) but nothing shows on TV (TV detects a signal, but nothing shows up).

I have been trying to find a firmware I can burn using USB Burn Tool, but so far no luck. Tryied Roms from Similar device (with s905) but nothing works.

Any tips are more than welcome.

Thanks!!

Edit: I just noticed the typo in the thread header. I meant not the Pro version.

open device take photo of the pcb and the wifi chip. Most of these boxes work with other firmware. If you want to try one if its already bricked and you dont have original firmware.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks for the rsponse Scooter2014!

I have taken photos and made them available here http://imgur.com/a/AL8mf

As you see, I have tried the reset button so any times It popped from the board. I ended up soldering on an on/off switch for ease of use.

so far, the SD card method didn't work ( black screen, I don't get to recovery window). I cut two USB cables and made a male to male one. but so far, that didn't work either. it either fails at 2% or with another rom, it got to 4% but then the leds turn off and I get the error below:

[Err]--[0x10302001]Romcode/Switch status/Check connect/Enum device error

Thanks!

I will see if I can try more firmwares.

Comment

Some of the errors I get on USB Burning Tool
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ok your looking for 8189 wifi software for your device. If its 1/8 gig or 2/16 gig am thinking 1/8 as i dont see alot of chips some will work with both devices but not many. Try the rupa ax5 firmware and xinfiany software both those work with 8189 I have a few more i can post a link for if those dont work.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

So I have contacted the Venz people in the Netherlands and they sent me the firmware for this box https://mega.nz/#!uEhCDAyI!33LVvjdgr...kFVGQF4WVdGS44

I extracted the firmware in an SD card and the box now boots into recovery (yay, it lives!!). unfortunately, trying to flash the firmware, I am getting an error. with " DTB
            check failed".
            it seems to be looking for P211 dtb info but only finding p212:
            Screenshot of the error here:

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
            X