Meecool Superceleron custom rom extraction help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meecool Superceleron custom rom extraction help

I was talking with Superceleron about getting a file from his custom rom and he said to extract his custom rom to get the file, so I tried and failed and don't really want to keep bothering him so maybe someone can point me in the right direction here.

I downloaded Meecool custom rom and it was a zip file, then I unzipped the file and there was an .img file. From there I used 7zip to extract the .img file and there was just one file, it didn't have an extension but that is where this all stopped.

Maybe I don't have the right program to do a extraction of the .img file or I am not doing something right here. Please if someone can let me know the right way of doing this that would be great.

Thanks everyone and Superceleron for his hard work.

I am in no way an expert on these things but I believe what you are looking for is the Amlogic customization tool. If you do a quick search you will find a download link aswell as guide on how to use it

Comment

Thank you very much, I will start there.

Comment

Yes you will definitely need the customisation tool.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/freaktab-tools-utulities-collection/569730-customization-tool-2-0-7

It is not possible to unzip an Android image.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Yes you will definitely need the customisation tool.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/freaktab-tools-utulities-collection/569730-customization-tool-2-0-7

It is not possible to unzip an Android image.
          Thank you very much for the link location.

Comment

Working...
          X