X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to root an Amlogic S912 Tv Box?

Hi,

Is there a way to root an S912 Tv Box?
    I searched the forum but I have not found a good way to do it.

Thanks

Magnum

Hi. Did you ever find out how to root it. I am trying to figure out too.

Comment

Yes, me too!...Any info on rooting or firmware updates would be great.
      Specifically mine is an Xgody CSA93 S912 with 3GB of DDR4 ram and 32GB of memory..
      It is uses Android 7.1.1
      Last edited by chris2u; 06-26-2017, 12:46.

Comment

Most boxes come rooted but not fully rooted with super SU. So download a root check app or two and run them and see if they both says the box is rooted. If they say it's rooted simply download super SU from the play store and install. Omen the app. It will say binary needs to be updated hit ok. It usually closes so open again and then it will say super SU needs to be updated and ask if you want to update normal or twrp or cwm. If you have not installed a twrp or cwm recovery then hit normal. It will say its updating and if it doesn't do anything in 5 minutes to close the app and open it again, something like that but usually after 30 seconds or so it will say congratulations your super SU was successfully updated and a reboot is recommended. It gives you an option to close or reboot I believe. The important part is to hit reboot and the box will reboot with super SU and and updated binary. I got super SU pro and titanium backup pro from like blackmart or aptoid. If you install super SU pro you really don't even need to open it but can it will be added automatically and give you all the options the free version doesn't. I've done this with at least 20 to 25 boxes and never a single problem.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Comment

But it has to say in a root app that the box is rooted or has been successfully rooted in order for it to work. I've never rooted a box that wasn't half rooted you are just adding super SU so you can have access to the device. But super SU pro is what you really want but have to have super SU first. I have twrp recovery on a handful of S905 and S905X boxes and one for an 812 OTT M8S PRO that will also make the box android 5.1 instead of 4.4.4. A friend of mine makes the twrp recoveries. If anyone is looking for help with a bricked box or need a firmware search dataghost. He does charge but I think may have a few free ones posted for recoveries.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried using KingRoot and about four other .apk types apps, but none of them would work..

Comment

Working...
            X