Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro 4k + Kodi, some of your tips please

Hi all

I have a few android boxes and have one of these (MXQ Pro 4k, RF3229 chipset). I view it as an experimental box and leave the functioning boxes well alone.

This box is actually running pretty well. I am using a firmware that reports itself as: rk322x_box-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY49F eng wanghy 20161023.132036 test-keys.

I am also running the nightly build of Kodi 17 RC-1. This is going pretty well, I have seen the odd movie freeze (video freezes, sound keeps going) but generally it is performing pretty well and I do like Kodi 17.

I am after any tips, tricks, roms, apps and advice that creates the most stable platform for Kodi and extracts best video playing experience.

Any discussion would be great; but some questions that are on my mind include:
    1. Frame rate switching, doesn't seem to happen with this box, any suggestions? I therefore set my resolution to 1080p24 as most of the movies are 24fps.
    2. Kodi locks itself into 720p and I cannot change it, can this be done? Not sure why it doesn't match the screen mode (TV is definitely on 1080p24).
    3. Am I using the best firmware? The October date seems more recent than what any custom rom here is based on.
    4. Should I use a fork of Kodi? I have installed SPMC 16.5.5 and it goes sweetly enough, but I think Kodi v17 looks a little better.

Thanks in advance

Definitely use RKMC a fork of Kodi 16.1. It will work much better.

Comment

{Sorry, just saw a reply in another thread, RKMC cannot exist with Kodi and some other forks.}

Thank you for the reply. I did come across RKMC on the weekend and attempted to install it. (Downloaded the latest Github build).

I presently have SPMC 16.5.5 and Kodi 17.1 RC installed.

RKMC would not install. Does it install over the top of Kodi in some way and is therefore not installing given the version number? SPMC is an independent install so I don't believe this is interfering.
      Last edited by Maussie; 02-27-2017, 21:33.

Comment

If SPMC installed and RKMC didn't, it's probably because your box is not using a RK3229 but actually an Amlogic S905. Not a problem.

Comment

Working...
        X