No announcement yet.

virtual sd card and physical sd card!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have learned more about this. Many other tablets like the Polaroid, iBerry, etc always mount the fake internal sdcard but when a physical SD card is inserted, instead of it taking over the internal one it mounts is as /external_sdcard. So it leaves both there.

Now this is a double edge sword! Some apps will not handle the physical sd card in this way. They will ALWAYS want to store data in /sdcard. So what will happen is some apps will put stuff in /sdcard and other apps that play right will put stuff in /external_sdcard.

All of this is because of backwards compatibility and really is a early design fault in my opinion.

So Sowa should be able to edit init.rc and change how the physical sd card is mounted. At least that is the theory. But again you run into the old app problem above.

Also Lohtse,
    Do this test. You say you have NO APPS installed. I do believe you havea bad app causing issues with your SD card! So at this point while you have no apps, put the sd card in windows and do a repair on it. Then put it back in the tablet while it is powered OFF. It should be RW on boot up. Now see if it stays RW with no apps. If not, I think you have a hardware problem!!!! If it does then install apps one by opne testing them until you find the bad apple. Thats the best thing I can tell you about this problem.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...