X96 Magendanz ROM with remote fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed TWRP and then I installed directly the IMG file
    while I do not have any clue on how to make Bluetooth working on this box using a USB dongle

Comment

i have x96 with 2gb ram 16 gb rom but a lot of try different roms with root use 1gb ram only on the system. this file is hope to correct them.
      anybody send any screenshots of rom?

Comment

Thanks very much for this rom , seems nice and stable so far after 10 hrs of no stop use , looking forward to any updates

Comment

Hi ppl, Just got new X96 box and have weird issue when try to use remote or bluetooth mouse screen flickering and going black screen and come back again..

Edit: problem solved the power adaptor is sick one! who have same problem please try to change power adaptor

Last edited by eltdesign; 04-12-2017, 14:30.

Comment

anyone's test this on 2gb/16gb?

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              Had a Wierd issue on a x96 box... My two gone now but got another one to test a problem and ended up with the same issue as 2 other users on Freaktab.. flashing firmware box reverts to 1/8 gig device was orginally 2/16 now i have been able to get it back to a 2/8 device and check with RAM check and its verified as correct nan size now trying to find out what happened re internal storage Wierd stuff.....
              Man, I got one x96 2GB/16GB and after flashing another firmware I got the same issue. RAM is only 1GB. How did you fix it (making it back to 2GB RAM)?

Comment

I only found one rom that switch it back to 2 gig but 2/8 not 2/16 (dont know if i had back chip because soder was horrible on the nan. I heated and hot so all joints even not touching. Bit think emmc different set up I check i have to re flash it again so i post once i dig through and find for box i have here.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I only found one rom that switch it back to 2 gig but 2/8 not 2/16 (dont know if i had back chip because soder was horrible on the nan. I heated and hot so all joints even not touching. Bit think emmc different set up I check i have to re flash it again so i post once i dig through and find for box i have here.
                  At this point I would love to have my 2GB RAM back. I checked the board and it has four k4W2G1646P-HC12 SAMSUNG 513 chips, 2 on each side of the board. So I really think it's just a firmware stuff, as it seems I have 4x512MB; unless the manufacturer was mean enough to put 4x256MB chips and fake ram through firmware.

I'd be much pleased if you were able to find which firmware performed the miracle to bring your box back to 2GB RAM, regardless of the NAND size.

Comment

Can u share the rom with switch to 2/8gb?

Comment

Originally posted by adhots View Post

Can u share the rom with switch to 2/8gb?
                      He posted it in other thread. On same page there is a rooted version. I tried it and it does restore 2gb but I believe boards are fake.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9pcjoal5z...mware.img?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by jfive74 View Post

He posted it in other thread. On same page there is a rooted version. I tried it and it does restore 2gb but I believe boards are fake.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9pcjoal5z...mware.img?dl=0
                        Thanks a lot.

I just flashed that ROM and the system reads both on android and CPU-Z 2GB of RAM and around 14GB of storage.

The problem is that it REALLY seems like this box has FAKE RAM.

I checked the board. It has four k4W2G1646P-HC12 SAMSUNG 513 chips, two on each side of the board.

But after flashing the ROM that "brings back" the 2GB of RAM, I ran a "Fill RAM memory" app, and it crashes around 47% of filling, what makes me believe the real memory available is around 1GB.

So this box really seems to have FAKE RAM designed through firmware coding.

I'll return this damn thing for a refund.

Comment

Many thanks to autors of this ROM. Running 2 months without any problem. The only issue I niticed is "android starting apps 1of1" or something-like-that massage every time I turn on the device.

Comment

My x96 native android is stuck in the x96 image and won't go to the desktop. Do you have a native ROM?

Comment

What this means : "No playstore issues works" ?
                              Because I always get "Google Play Store has stopped"

Comment

Originally posted by nmou99 View Post
                                What this means : "No playstore issues works" ?
                                Because I always get "Google Play Store has stopped"
                                Play store doesn't update automatically, that's why error is occurred. You must download play store apk and replace the old one.

Comment

Working...
                                X