DOLAMEE D5(1GB+8GB) Android 6 firmware **Modified** With TWRP and SuperSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOLAMEE D5(1GB+8GB) Android 6 firmware **Modified** With TWRP and SuperSU

I am pleased to announce that with a lot of help and work from bluesmanuk followmsi in both teaching and helping me learn how to do the following.

I have taken the recently released stock firmware Dolamee_D5_rtl8189es_RK3229_6.0.1_20170224.img and modified it to include TWRP and SuperSU.

A few notes for use of TWRP

Originally posted by followmsi View Post

Yes, I strongly recommend to backup data only.
    This is your data and your apps and your settings - the rest is coming from the ROM you are using.

I do the same .. even more in AOSP world.

But you can still try to backup and restore system too .. have a try.
    Should work too .. ext4 permissions should be still saved inside the tar backup of TWRP.
    Same principle as data .. independent of the selinux stuff.

Cheers
    The kernel that was complied by "them" (whoever put out the stock firmware) was not configured for selinux.

Per followmsi 's quote above strongly recommend backup/restore of data partition of your device with TWRP.

I do not fully understand the ramifications or reasons of this but be warned.

I did not include the DRM Update found in my post
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-android-6-0-1
    There is no reason other than I wanted to push out a "as stock" as possible firmware with TWRP installed.

Please be warned, use of this is AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Flashing instructions are just the same as the stock rom. I use Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.21 but that is only my preference.

I have uploaded the image file here

And again thank you all for all of your help, And good luck to everyone.

Great work
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Great work
      Thank You.

Comment

Well done !

Comment

Originally posted by followmsi View Post
          Well done !
          Thank You!

Comment

excellent
            DOLAMEE D5, H96 S905, H96 Pro S912

Comment

can u get it to work with the 2/8 version

Comment

I'm sure it's possible. But I don't have a 2/8 box. And if I recall one of the steps I have to pull from a running box... I'd love to try it though

Comment

this firmware is sluggoish takes awhile to load apks and kodi freezes etc .....

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                    this firmware is sluggoish takes awhile to load apks and kodi freezes etc .....
                    Even stock firmware will have some issues because of the lack of RAM on these devices.

One important thing to do is to keep background processes to a minimum and this includes preventing a lot of apps from auto starting that will hog the memory.

Comment

yea i noticed devicetest always running in the background what ever that app is

Comment

What is the real max resolution of this box? In settings I can set 1920, but then in kodi i get only 1280... So I checked with "screen resolution" app and it says 1280 as well. Is there a way to get 1920 in this box?
                        thanks

Comment

The firmware itself will be 720p but the output via HDMI will be whatever it supports.

Comment

So you mean that the interface of the OS is 720, but if I play a 1080 movie with kodi or MX player it'd be at 1080?
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by galloverde11 View Post
                              So you mean that the interface of the OS is 720, but if I play a 1080 movie with kodi or MX player it'd be at 1080?
                              Thanks
                              Yes, and a 4K movie will play back at real 4K resolution.
                              I'm not sure if you need to enable auto frame-rate switching in RKMC/TVMC too.

Comment

Working...
                              X