Vorke Z1 Froze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vorke Z1 Froze

Last night while using Kodi, my Vorke Z1 suddenly froze. I rebooted it now and now all I get is a slash screen Reading Vorke. Pressing the power button in the front does nothing, it just stays blue. Does this mean it's bricked? If so can/how to fix it.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Please take the time visit my fundraising page for an accessible wheelchair van.

Click here to support my wheelchair accessible van fundraiser.

https://i.imgur.com/pldcvD6.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/PaM4GAy.png?1

Heya,

* Can you return it cheaply...being faulty?

1. Did you unplug the power for a span of time?
    2. Do you have anything plugged into USB ports?
    3. Did you plug in the proper power adapter? (I had several different boxes and plugged in wrong power connector.)
    4. Is the China Box placed atop another warm device without good airflow?
    5. Is the cover very hot, heatsink may not be properly attached?
    6. Can you use the reset function...try to get the unit back to factory setting?
    7. If you can't return the China Box....maybe try flashing newer firmware (by cable).

G-Luck

Reap

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
      Heya,

* Can you return it cheaply...being faulty?

1. Did you unplug the power for a span of time?
      2. Do you have anything plugged into USB ports?
      3. Did you plug in the proper power adapter? (I had several different boxes and plugged in wrong power connector.)
      4. Is the China Box placed atop another warm device without good airflow?
      5. Is the cover very hot, heatsink may not be properly attached?
      6. Can you use the reset function...try to get the unit back to factory setting?
      7. If you can't return the China Box....maybe try flashing newer firmware (by cable).

G-Luck

Reap
      Q* Can you return it cheaply...being faulty?
      A. Prob.. be around $30+

Q. 1. Did you unplug the power for a span of time?
      A. Yes Left it over night

Q. 2. Do you have anything plugged into USB ports?
      A. No
      Q. 3. Did you plug in the proper power adapter? (I had several different boxes and plugged in wrong power connector.)
      A. No

Q. 4. Is the China Box placed atop another warm device without good airflow?
      A. No

Q. 5. Is the cover very hot, heatsink may not be properly attached?
      A. No

Q. 6. Can you use the reset function...try to get the unit back to factory setting?
      A. Copied Vorke_Z1-ota-20161124.160846.V0923.zip file to usb stick. Unplugged power, held in reset pin and than plugged power back in.
      Waited for about 10 seconds and released reset pin, nothing happened.

Q. 7. If you can't return the China Box....maybe try flashing newer firmware (by cable).
      A. Maybe try flashing newer firmware (by cable).​​ Can you explain this step more?
      Please take the time visit my fundraising page for an accessible wheelchair van.

Click here to support my wheelchair accessible van fundraiser.

https://i.imgur.com/pldcvD6.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/PaM4GAy.png?1

Comment

Search these forums for Amlogic Burn Tool. You will need usb male to male cable. Install burn tool on computer...select firmware in tool. Deselect "Erase Boot Loader". Plug one end of cable in computer, press start in burn tool. While depressing rest button, insert cable into China Box. When computer recognizes(beeps), release reset switch...and hopefully firmware will flash.
        * There are a few discussions about how to use the Amlogic burn tool....I had bad luck with Amlogic Boot Card Maker tool.

G-Luck

Reap

Comment

Working...
        X