Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX Pro TV Box stuck in recovery mode

Hi all,

I really do struggle with android os and as such hoped to run LibreElec from an sd card. After twiddling with the toothpick method ( didn't really seem to work ) my mx box is now stuck in recovery mode.

I have searched for days for a fix and tried to flash with a new firmware but it couldn't be found on the sd card. I really don't know what else to do so if anyone can help that would be great.

The board is ect-tv110_v1.3 20150209. I just read to use toothpick I first had to wait until the s805 logo appeared then click the reset button. I have found a firmware for it below I will try this and see if I can get android working again.
    Download Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for TV110 TV Box from here or here . Download previous version from here . Flash it...

Comment

I have the fimware but its a .img file. Can I flash with sd card?
      How do I do it?
      Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Robando View Post
        I have the fimware but its a .img file. Can I flash with sd card?
        How do I do it?
        Anyone?
        Yes you should be able to.

I have some instructions over at this thread (Post 1304), so worth trying as it works with the latest AMLogic SOC's

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8c-rom/page33
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I don't have a male to male usb cable and I don't think the box has USB OTG.

My box now just boots to the amlogic logo thats all it won't do anything else.

Comment

I don't have a male to male usb cable and I don't think the box has USB OTG.

My box now just boots to the amlogic logo thats all it won't do anything else.
            So use the Burn Card Maker to create a flashable image on an SD Card.

Comment

Hi bluesmanuk,

Where do i get the Burn Card Maker, do you have a link please?

Comment

Hi bluesmanuk,

Where do i get the Burn Card Maker, do you have a link please?
                See my link above.

Comment

I think you should contact the manufacturer for the problem... the MX Pro got the biggest problem is that it does not have a re-set button... also, it does not update the software offenly... anyway, it is a great TV box with a Amlogic S905 Quad-Core Cortex-A53 processor with a great price! I found a review post about the MX Pro, which may help you to know more about the MX pro Tv box....

You may be wondering if it’s time to cut the cable cord of your TV...

Comment

I managed to unbrick my box with the sd card made with Burn Card Maker, thanks bluesmanuk. With sd card inserted I held in the reset button connected the power cable and the upgrade began a few seconds later. The upgrade stayed in a loop it upgraded 3 times so when it rebooted for the third time I popped out the sd card and it booted fine.

I think with this box there are differences with how the reset button is used though I could be wrong.

1. hold reset button then power on. (this worked to flash a new image)
                    2. power on wait for amlogic logo click reset (this got me to recovery before)
                    3. power on wait for amlogic logo hold reset
                    If anyone can provide any further reset information please.

With android working and even fixed wifi I decided to try the LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.1a-m201d.img sd card again. This time I powered on and waited for the amlogic logo and held the reset button the screen went off on the tv so released the reset. Green android came on the screen then I got about 7 lines of information stating the things had failed, sorry can't remember exactly but it was something like "E failed write cache" After I rebooted my box is now bricked again and goes to recovery mode only.

Any ideas as to why LibreElec is bricking my box?
                    Anyone know how I can just install LibreElec to nand?

Originally posted by Kilafero View Post
                    I think you should contact the manufacturer for the problem... the MX Pro got the biggest problem is that it does not have a re-set button... also, it does not update the software offenly... anyway, it is a great TV box with a Amlogic S905 Quad-Core Cortex-A53 processor with a great price! I found a review post about the MX Pro, which may help you to know more about the MX pro Tv box....

http://10trumps.com/best-tv-boxes/#FxexblinMXPro
                    That box is the mx pro 4k which is different to mine. I have the TV110 Android Tv Box, ARM-Cortex-S805-A5 Quad core CPU(1.5GHZ) with reset button. I have read the information you provided thanks.

Comment

Glad you resolved the bricking.

Comment

...Thanks Dear
                        Last edited by Tinto; 04-03-2017, 15:06.

Comment

hi,can anyone help,PLEASE.i like robando have the mx pro and i have followed his instructions but my tv stays with a blank screen.i unplugged power from box pressed reset button and powered up red power button stays on nothing happens, i am new to these boxes approx 6 weeks and don't understand the terms you use being a a pensioner,i would be very grateful if you could help. thank you. p.s what is a burn card maker?

Comment

Working...
                          X