Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original firmware for Arnova 10b G2

hi guys,

i need Help , i try to restore my Arnova 10b G2 to original firmware with no success, all roms i tried on Archos homepage dont work, i got error invalid firmware.

can anyone tell me where can i get original firmware for my Arnova 10b G2?

thank you a lot
    Last edited by Kaid; 07-25-2013, 19:29.

Originally posted by Kaid View Post
    hi guys,

i need Help , i try to restore my Arnova 10b G2 to original firmware with no success, all roms i tried on Archos homepage dont work, i got error invalid firmware.

can anyone tell me when can i get original firmware for my Arnova 10b G2?

thank you a lot

you also need to know if you have a resistive or capacitive screen model

if you have a resistive ,i may have a stock .img . i use to own one and i might have that still .
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

thank you very much for quick reply.

i have resitive display.

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
      you also need to know if you have a resistive or capacitive screen model

if you have a resistive ,i may have a stock .img . i use to own one and i might have that still .

Comment

thank you very much for quick reply.

i have resitive display.

i looked on my pc here at the shop . it must be on my laptop at the house . so when i get home tonight i will see if i still have it . if so i will post it for you . should be around 9:30 pm my time before i find out .

so check back .

Comment

thank you very much

i looked on my pc here at the shop . it must be on my laptop at the house . so when i get home tonight i will see if i still have it . if so i will post it for you . should be around 9:30 pm my time before i find out .

so check back .

Comment

thank you very much

is there a reason why you need the original .img ? why not just use one of the roms for your tablet from here ?
            Last edited by tattman65; 07-25-2013, 20:57.

Comment

i wanna send it back i m not happy with it so i have to restore the original firmware

tablet

is there a reason why you need the original .img ? why not just use one of the roms for your tablet from here ?

Comment

i wanna send it back i m not happy with it so i have to restore the original firmware

well, i hope i still have it . it's been about a year since i have had one so , you might be in luck .

Comment

i hope u still have it

Comment

here ya go man, just open the zip and flash it . i don't know if your familiar with this flash tool but the instructions are easy to follow .

Cahoots is a co-working spot that exists to grow Ann Arbor’s tech ecosystem by serving our startups, fostering our community, and increasing our visibility.

if you have any problems just ask .
                    if you already have your drivers installed don't worry about the first part .

just go to flashing the rom .

) I usually remove the SDCard while the unit is off before I start
                    2) Plug in the USB cable to the Arnova and to your PC.
                    DO not worry if the tablet is on. It may power on when you plug in the cable anyway.
                    3) Make sure the power cord is connected! This is important in case your battery is low.
                    4) While holding the UP volume button stick a pin in the reset hole and hold both volume up and reset
                    5) After about 5 seconds you will hear your PC dong that it found hardware.
                    RELEASE the reset button but keep holding volume up.
                    6) While holding volume up you should again hear your PC dong that it found new hardware.
                    It's OK to release the volume up now. The screen should be black at this point.
                    7) Windows should complain that it could not install the device and may ask to look for drivers.
                    That's OK. Close and driver dialogs, etc.
                    6) Open the device manager in control panel. You should see a device listed as unknown with a yellow symbol in it
                    RIGHT click on it and select "Update Driver".
                    7) You will get a dialog asking to search or browse my computer for the driver. Click Browse
                    8) On the next screen click the browse button. A file manager will open.
                    Now remember I told you to unzip this package to somewhere you know how to find it like the desktop?
                    Using the file manager point to this package, Click on the driver folder.
                    Then click on the folder for 32bit or 64bit depending on your OS.
                    Now click on your OS version, e.g. Win7, etc.
                    The OK button should now be available to click OK.
                    At this point the driver should install. If not start over
                    9) Once the driver installs you should now see a device at the top of the list called"
                    Class for rockusb devices. If you expand that it will show a RK29 Device. Do not worry about the ? on it.

Flashing the ROM:
                    OK driver is installed and we can now flash the Arnova with the new images.
                    The RKAndroid tool (RK29update.exe) is different than the recovery flash tool and the update.img ROMs.
                    With this tool you will be flashing the basic image files. e.g. Kernal.img, boot.img, etc.
                    Maybe one day soon I will figure out how to make a simple update.img but for now this is the only way
                    to get my rooted ROM installed.

1) Open the package where you unzipped it and you will see a program called RK29update.exe.
                    Double click that to run it.
                    2) I have setup the config.ini file so all the IMGs are already set in the tool.
                    You do not need to change anything there and you should not or you may brick your device!
                    Do not mess with the values for offset either. Guaranteed to brick your device
                    3) At the bottom the tool should say "NO Found RKAndroid Rock USB (Unless you're already in recovery mode already).
                    If your device is connected and in recovery mode the tool should say "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB"
                    If not then you need to but the device in recovery mode as explained above for driver install.
                    You cannot proceed unless the tool says it found your device
                    4) OK all of the check boxes on the left should be checked EXCEPT Loader and backup.
                    Leave backup unchecked but check the loader check box!!!!
                    5) Before you click the run button click the Erase IDB. I have had some strange flashes by not doing that.
                    After about 1 minute or so the tool should pop up a box telling you it is done. Click OK.
                    6) Now it's time to flash. Click the Run button and let it do its thing. It will take about 3 minutes or so.
                    7) On the right panel is the status of what it is doing. When it completes it will say done.
                    If any errors occurred they will be in red. You should NOT have any errors.
                    8) At this point the Arnova will reboot and go into recovery screen and format the system.
                    Let it continue and it will reboot again and then boot into the Android OS.
                    If you get a black screen or it doesn't boot, you are bricked for some reason!
                    Again it this happens you will need to use the recovery tool explained above.

Comment

great !! its works

thank you very very much.

Comment

great !! its works

thank you very very much.

glad to help dude .

Comment

Could you reupload the file? The site does not work for me

Comment

Originally posted by mircoomg View Post

i'll try to get it to you when i get home tonight , i think it's on my pc there.

Comment

Originally posted by mircoomg View Post

here ya go buddy

any questions just ask

Comment

Working...
                              X