Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

x96 2gb 16gb....Qx4 V2.0 16293 Motherboard...firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x96 2gb 16gb....Qx4 V2.0 16293 Motherboard...firmware?

This box is DOA from Chaina. The red light flickers when I plug in power adapter..thats it. I have tried many flashes with birning tool and the SD Card...still no joy.. Is there any hope? Thanx

Does anyone have any ideas? I tried many .img files using USB Burning Tool, SD Card method etc... still no joy.

Comment

Is it seen in the burning tool?
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi... thanx for reply. It us seen in the burning tool. I have tried many .img files and a couple have burned successfully. But when I power it up with the power adapter I get nothing...no signal. I have tried also the sd card method amd same result. I think this box is toast. Maybe I dont have the correct firmware.

Comment

I only find one tgat bring back from 1 gig to 2 gig. I think nan wierd in some. I try to find.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Comment

Hey Scooter2014...tried the Atvx96.img. Burned successfully(as per USB Burning Tool)... still no joy. Tried another Power Adapter and another remote.. again no joy. I notice when I plug in the power adapter it flickers red for a second and then nothing.

Comment

Hmmm power supply?

Comment

Ive tried several power adapters...all the same voltage/amp etc... You have anymore ideas?

Comment

Dam that sucks... Return???

Comment

Can not return,, E-Bay seller closed down his store

Comment

I might be able to help.
                        Currently working on the X96 firmware for some modifications.
                        You can check the current progress and available download links on my Instructables page.
                        It includes a TWRP recovery so no need for burn tools and USB connections.
                        If you still require an image for the burn tool let me know and I give you a link for an unbranded version of the X96 firmware.
                        Once I am done with all the testing I will make a thread for the firmware in the forum as well.

Edit:
                        Started the firmware thread here, just waiting to get approval for the download links I guess.
                        Having bought one of these X96 boxes last year I always wondered if or when there will be an update available.With the thing running on Android 6.0.1 already I was not expecting monthly updates though.Sadly the box always gives an error in regards to stack not being able to access the internet.Turned out, at least for my box there is no real link it tries to access for the update, so it will always fail.It also seems I am one of the lucky guy who already had a quite recent firmware installed - from July 2016.Considering their release strategy and time stamping procedure the firmware was created sometime Feb- March 2016.Everything worked fine except that some programs I installed caused crashes at times with no reason I could find.Plus Kodi would often take forever and a bit more to get through the menus and start things.The most annyoing part howver ...
                        Last edited by Downunder 35m; 04-26-2017, 03:21. Reason: waiting for approval

Comment

Working...
                        X