No announcement yet.

Looking for info on How-To customize hardware detection and driver replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on How-To customize hardware detection and driver replacement

Evening all,

Feel I'm getting that much closer to resolving my memory and driver issues on my MXQ box, but need assistance with concepts. I have one ROM that properly(somewhat) detects the amount of RAM on my board, but has the wrong network(wireless & Ethernet) drivers. Most of the ROMs I've been using thus far have the right network drivers, but only detect half of the usable RAM on my device.

Can someone tell me how to use the Customization Tool to make this happen?

Originally posted by clnupman View Post
    Evening all,

Feel I'm getting that much closer to resolving my memory and driver issues on my MXQ box, but need assistance with concepts. I have one ROM that properly(somewhat) detects the amount of RAM on my board, but has the wrong network(wireless & Ethernet) drivers. Most of the ROMs I've been using thus far have the right network drivers, but only detect half of the usable RAM on my device.

Can someone tell me how to use the Customization Tool to make this happen?
    Did you actually open your device and check the amount of RAM?
    If another firmware detects less RAM, it is very likely that you only have that amount of RAM and the stock firmware is displaying false information.
    Lots of these MXQ devices have 'fake' firmware that displays more RAM that is physically installed to trick users.
    Just make double sure first.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Did you actually open your device and check the amount of RAM?
      If another firmware detects less RAM, it is very likely that you only have that amount of RAM and the stock firmware is displaying false information.
      Lots of these MXQ devices have 'fake' firmware that displays more RAM that is physically installed to trick users.
      Just make double sure first.
      Yes I did.

2 Nanya RAM chips listed at 2GB each according to Nanya specs on their site
      1 8GB Toshiba NAND chip

I figure one of the RAM chips is exclusively used for some other process(es).

According to http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox, my board looks like a hybrid of the 812 and 805 chipsets, with my board (S805Q_v2.0) having dual DDR3 RAM chips.

Comment

i have the same box s805q_v2.0 ... cant get ram to read right and cant get wifi to wortk .... worked originaly but after update it hasnt... been told these box's are fakes only have half the ram... etc how to i find out if thats tru or not?? also can u send me a link to firmware you have with the wifi working or detects ram ?? what wifi do u have mine is a sci chip

Comment

Hey ma5terdp,

My apologies for the nearly year long response. As you can tell, I'd pretty much given up hope on this thing, but now I'm back at it. I've yet to find a ROM that has everything the way it should be. I'd been settling for those that only report a portion of the RAM. I'm stubborn, so I'm back at it again. My box uses the RTL8188 chip

Comment

Working...
          X